Translation of retard in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /rɪˈtɑrd/ British English: /rɪˈtɑːd/
- He said the slow pace at which the deal was being negotiated was retarding the development of the park, which he said had remained closed to tourists for sometime.
- Famously, Forster accused the educational systems of the time of retarding the emotional development of schoolboys.
- Restrictive legislation could retard the development of technology and slow the growth of electronic commerce.
nounAmerican English: /ˈriˌtɑrd/ British English: /ˈriːtɑːd/
- [offensive]tarado, (-da) (masculine, feminine) (dated u offensive)Example sentences
- I sat down on the table, feeling like a jerk and a retard for believing a pretty girl again.
- I immediately stopped smiling - yes, I was a retard to ever be smiling at this madman - and jerked my wrist away from his grasp, sprinting straight out the door and grabbed my heavy bag.
- Thrice fooled and I'm a complete retard, she thought to herself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.