- 1.1 (of heat, moisture) retención (f), conservación (f) water retention retención de líquidosMore example sentences1.2 (of system, law) mantenimiento (m), conservación (f)
More example sentences1.3 (of property, money) retención (f) 1.4 (mental faculty) retentiva (f)
- So, for instance, fissures in the underlying bedrock or a man-made trench or pit will often fill with soils and matter that have greater moisture retention and more nutrients than the surrounding, undisturbed subsoil.
- Labor and time are saved when the farmer doesn't plow the field, and the organic matter sitting on the soil works effectively to decrease water run-off and erosion and boost the soil's nutrient retention.
- Gums help low-fat cheese products retain their shape, cuttability, melting characteristics, spreadability and moisture retention.
More example sentences
- The most common rationale for war was acquisition or retention of territory.
- Selective retention would include a plan to keep employees in the top three groups.
- Projects must meet a specific physical test for retention of existing walls and internal structural framework.
- Do you hold store in ‘knowledge’ or retention of facts as an identifier to intellectual ability?
- ‘Just one administration of the drug resulted in very potent memory retention,’ which may last as long as 21 days, he says.
- Processing speed doesn't matter in the brain, says Hawkins, because the basis of thought is not data manipulation but memory retention and prediction.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.