Translation of retention in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of heat, moisture) retención (feminine), conservación (feminine) water retention retención de líquidosExample sentences1.2 (of system, law) mantenimiento (masculine), conservación (feminine)
Example sentences1.3 (of property, money) retención (feminine) 1.4 (mental faculty) retentiva (feminine)
- So, for instance, fissures in the underlying bedrock or a man-made trench or pit will often fill with soils and matter that have greater moisture retention and more nutrients than the surrounding, undisturbed subsoil.
- Labor and time are saved when the farmer doesn't plow the field, and the organic matter sitting on the soil works effectively to decrease water run-off and erosion and boost the soil's nutrient retention.
- Gums help low-fat cheese products retain their shape, cuttability, melting characteristics, spreadability and moisture retention.
- The most common rationale for war was acquisition or retention of territory.
- Selective retention would include a plan to keep employees in the top three groups.
- Projects must meet a specific physical test for retention of existing walls and internal structural framework.
- Do you hold store in ‘knowledge’ or retention of facts as an identifier to intellectual ability?
- ‘Just one administration of the drug resulted in very potent memory retention,’ which may last as long as 21 days, he says.
- Processing speed doesn't matter in the brain, says Hawkins, because the basis of thought is not data manipulation but memory retention and prediction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of the autonomous governments of Catalonia and Valencia is generalitat. A great deal of power has now been transferred to them from central government.