Translation of retirement in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (from job) jubilación (feminine), retiro (masculine); (from the military) retiro (masculine) he took up pottery in his retirement cuando se jubiló empezó a hacer cerámica early/compulsory retirement jubilación anticipada/obligatoria he took early retirement se jubiló anticipadamente he's coming up to o for retirement le falta poco para jubilarse she went into retirement after the Olympic Games se retiró después de las Olimpíadas the old engines were brought out of retirement volvieron a poner en servicio los viejos motores [Military/Militar] edad (feminine) de retiro retirement benefit prestación (feminine) por jubilaciónExample sentences1.2 u and c (from race, match) abandono (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (of troops) retirada (feminine), repliegue (masculine)
- Many members were retired or nearing retirement and interested in seeing the co-op's assets sold so that they could get their share of the proceeds.
- Typically, the owners are people nearing retirement who've spent two or three decades building their businesses with tender loving care.
- Baby boomers nearing retirement are spurring demand for fixed-income securities.
- First Gary Kasparov, on anybody's short list of the greatest players of all time, announced his retirement from competitive play earlier this year.
- A week ago, champion Lennox Lewis, age 38, announced his retirement.
- The national fascination with Bradman did not cease with his retirement from the field of play; and it shows no sign of abating.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the