Translation of retrieve in Spanish:
- 1 (recover)(object/data)a dog trained to retrieve game (Sport)
recuperarun perro entrenado para cobrar la cazashe just managed to retrieve the ball (in tennis)apenas si logró devolver la pelotaExample sentences
- The old man is too enfeebled to make the journey, and sends his young counterpart on the voyage to retrieve the treasure.
- He is sent to Mexico to retrieve a rare pistol, nicknamed ‘The Mexican.’
- If you change your will without retrieving the one that was filed, the newer last will and testament will control the disposition of your estate.
- While it is often a good idea to use a database for storing and retrieving information in a web application, it is not always obvious how to go about structuring the tables in that database.
- To maintain data in a database, data must be retrieved and stored in a consistent, reliable, and efficient manner.
- When returning to these Web sites, the browser looks for the cookies stored on the computer and retrieves the information to save time.
- 2 (salvage)(situation)
- On Berg's admission to hospital, there were two unsuccessful attempts to retrieve the situation surgically.
- Although he was reviled at the time as a shallow opportunist, it is fairer to see Brienne as a pragmatic political operator who did what he could to retrieve an increasingly impossible situation.
- Though the disaster could have been retrieved, it brought France and Spain into the conflict and placed in jeopardy Britain's command of the seas.
- 3 (put right)(loss/damage)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.