Translation of retrieve in Spanish:
- 1.1 (recover)(object/data)a dog trained to retrieve game (Sport)she just managed to retrieve the ball (in tennis)un perro entrenado para cobrar la cazaapenas si logró devolver la pelotaExample sentences1.2 (salvage)
- While it is often a good idea to use a database for storing and retrieving information in a web application, it is not always obvious how to go about structuring the tables in that database.
- To maintain data in a database, data must be retrieved and stored in a consistent, reliable, and efficient manner.
- When returning to these Web sites, the browser looks for the cookies stored on the computer and retrieves the information to save time.
Example sentences1.3 (put right)
- The old man is too enfeebled to make the journey, and sends his young counterpart on the voyage to retrieve the treasure.
- He is sent to Mexico to retrieve a rare pistol, nicknamed ‘The Mexican.’
- If you change your will without retrieving the one that was filed, the newer last will and testament will control the disposition of your estate.
- On Berg's admission to hospital, there were two unsuccessful attempts to retrieve the situation surgically.
- Although he was reviled at the time as a shallow opportunist, it is fairer to see Brienne as a pragmatic political operator who did what he could to retrieve an increasingly impossible situation.
- Though the disaster could have been retrieved, it brought France and Spain into the conflict and placed in jeopardy Britain's command of the seas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.