Translation of retrograde in Spanish:
- 1.1(attitude)(measure/policy)a retrograde stepque constituye un retroceso or un paso hacia atrásun paso hacia atrásExample sentences1.2 (Astronomy)
- You don't need to be a usability expert to see that this is a retrograde step.
- In fact, throughout the strike the union refused to discuss what it believed to be the company's retrograde plan.
- Ned and Stacey asks the question of whether such a preposterously retrograde idea could be the basis of a comedy in the 1990s.
- There are dozens of less retrograde travelers in whose hoofprints we will also be journeying, for whom the pleasures of Eastern travel were not so strictly identical with the sublime egotism of Western identity formation.
- Through a careful examination of the retrograde motion of Mercury through Cassiopeia, and the conjunction of Jupiter with Neptune, I've discovered that today is Doug's thirteen hundred and fiftieth birthday.
- The Sun's conjunction with retrograde Mercury in Cancer shows her dislike of public speaking.
- Just 220 km in diameter, Phoebe is in a very peculiar, retrograde orbit, and is very dark.
- It has an odd, retrograde rotation so slow that one Venus day is around 250 Earth days long.
- Before Copernicus formulated his theory, retrograde planetary motions were just ‘facts’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.