Translation of retrograde in Spanish:
- 1.1 [attitude] retrógrado; [measure/policy] retrógrado, que constituye un retroceso or un paso hacia atrás a retrograde step un paso hacia atrásExample sentences1.2 [Astronomy/Astronomía] [motion/orbit] retrógrado
- You don't need to be a usability expert to see that this is a retrograde step.
- In fact, throughout the strike the union refused to discuss what it believed to be the company's retrograde plan.
- Ned and Stacey asks the question of whether such a preposterously retrograde idea could be the basis of a comedy in the 1990s.
- They argue that the style is retrograde and that they reflect neither recent Malian contemporary art nor a Malian aesthetic.
- Maybe it's old-fashioned, retrograde, romantic, but I would tend to draw a distinction between an author's decision to create a novel and a studio's decision to option it for adaptation.
- Then turn the nuts on the suspending rods, so as to compress the springs just enough to give the platen a quick retrograde motion; observing, at the same time, to get the surface of the platen parallel with the surface of the bed.
- There are dozens of less retrograde travelers in whose hoofprints we will also be journeying, for whom the pleasures of Eastern travel were not so strictly identical with the sublime egotism of Western identity formation.
- Through a careful examination of the retrograde motion of Mercury through Cassiopeia, and the conjunction of Jupiter with Neptune, I've discovered that today is Doug's thirteen hundred and fiftieth birthday.
- The Sun's conjunction with retrograde Mercury in Cancer shows her dislike of public speaking.
- Just 220 km in diameter, Phoebe is in a very peculiar, retrograde orbit, and is very dark.
- It has an odd, retrograde rotation so slow that one Venus day is around 250 Earth days long.
- Before Copernicus formulated his theory, retrograde planetary motions were just ‘facts’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.