Translation of reveal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (disclose, make known) I didn't want to reveal my ignorancebe patient and all will be revealedno quise poner de manifiesto mi ignoranciato reveal somethingten paciencia que ya te enterarás
tosomebodyto reveal something/somebodyrevelarle algo aalguien assomethingthe structure was revealed as (being) unsafethis revealed him to us as a coward/herose puso de manifiesto que la estructura no era seguraesto nos demostró que era un cobarde/héroeExample sentences1.2 (bring to view)
the door opened to reveal an untidy kitchendejar verthe deep scar on her cheek was revealedse abrió la puerta dejando ver una cocina desordenadala profunda cicatriz que tenía en la mejilla quedó al descubiertoExample sentences1.3
- Hastie was previously reluctant to reveal details of the contracts until he was sure the company had a secure future.
- The latest court filing reveals Intel has until 6 September to respond the complaint.
- I call on the Government to publish its secret report revealing just how much the sheep ID scheme will cost farmers.
also: revealed past participle(Religion)(religion/truth)Example sentences
- It conceals only superficially, for it can allow us to reveal our true self.
- He lifted his eyes to the sky that had begun to clear, revealing blue sky.
- His fears are confirmed when he spies a curious Post-It note on the fridge revealing an unfinished game of hangman.
- The Gospel of John reveals this divine aspect of Christ's ministry - His deity.
- You have dared to imprint us with your own image knowing that we are only human, inviting us to be fully human by revealing your presence in us to everyone we meet.
- For him it was a means of revealing the divine principle and concretizing a personal vision of the Supreme Being that had been vouchsafed to him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.