Translation of revel in Spanish:
intransitive verb (British English) -ll-
- 1 (enjoy greatly)to revel
insomethingdeleitarseto revel conor enalgo in+ -ingdeleitarse +she positively revels in making us feel inferior gerundrealmente se deleita haciéndonos sentir inferioresExample sentences
- Although I still have a lot to learn, I am revelling in the pleasures that my newfound blogger friends bring me.
- Not 3 weeks ago you were revelling in how you had gained a probable vote from someone who had thought you a Labour candidate.
- Carl Rushworth revelled in the situation and bagged four tries, while Ian Mansell touched down three times.
- 2 (make merry)divertirseExample sentences
- At the festival, the people were revelling, drinking beer and wine and feasting on the sacrifices.
- The assistant peered through the window and saw a group of Jews feasting, drinking, and reveling.
- The couple were among 420 people who revelled late into the night at Freddie's Festive Fundraiser, in the grounds of Salisbury's Cathedral School, to help boost the coffers of Sargent Cancer Care for Children.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.