Translation of review in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (of book, film) to get good reviewsser ponderado por la crítica(before noun) review copyejemplar (masculine) para la prensareview editorcrítico, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)1.2 (report, summary) 1.3 (magazine) 1.4 (show)
- 2 2.1 countable or uncountable (reconsideration) salary reviewrevisión salarialsalary under reviewel sueldo está en estudiomy salary comes up for review next monthel mes que viene me toca la revisión salarialworking methods are under reviewlos métodos de trabajo están siendo reexaminados(before noun) review bodycomisión (feminine) inspectora2.2 countable (Military) 2.3 countable (for exam)(American English)
- 1 1.1 (consider)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (reconsider)
- The council says it has no intention of reviewing the decision.
- Medecins Sans Frontieres have shown no intention to review their decision to pull out of the country in July for their workers' safety.
- PhotoForum can see that it is necessary to review tertiary education.
- She is wistful and pleased as she reviews past events.
- The list of drug interactions with cisapride has been updated since this topic was reviewed in a past newsletter.
- He or she reviews the necessary steps of the bowel prep to include remaining on a clear liquid diet for two days before surgery.
- The prison warden in this case will undoubtedly ask the Supreme Court to review this case.
- And, for the sake of comparison, I couldn't find any reference to the US Supreme Court reviewing mandatory sentencing laws either.
- However, where an administrative body originally exercised the power to deprive people of their liberty, they must have the right to have their case reviewed by a court.
- 2 2.1 (summarize)Example sentences2.2 (criticize)
- One reason that avant-garde film wasn't reviewed in newspapers during my time as a critic had to do with the avant-garde film world.
- But here's the caveat: Not all books written by newspaper reporters should be reviewed.
- In her naiveté she had thought that all serious books were reviewed in the major newspapers, especially The New York Times.
hacer ( or escribir etc) la crítica de
- 3 (Military)(troops)
pasar revista aExample sentences
- The phantasmagoria includes a scene depicting the French emperor reviewing an army of hideous demons.
- Today, the Queen reviews the Fleet (presumably both the Red and the Blue bits).
- In 1915, Brigadier General Abbot reviewed the Bradford City Volunteers.
- 4 (for exam)(American English)
- The program uses thousands of slides that are reviewed by a wide variety of practicing cytotechnologists and cytopathologists in a variety of practice settings.
- Each month, following the ADASP recommendations, cases were randomly selected and reviewed by 1 pathologist.
- Our view, having reviewed all the material, is that judgments went to (although not beyond) the outer limits of the intelligence available.
- 1 (work as critic) she reviews for the Seattle Postes crítica de arte ( or de cine etc) del Seattle Post
- 2 (for exam)(American English)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.