Translation of revise in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (alter)(policy/plan/figures/estimate)to revise costs upward/downward
modificarajustar or revisar los costos al alza/a la bajamany people will have to revise their opinionsmucha gente tendrá que reconsiderar or replantearse la cuestiónI had to revise my opinion of hertuve que cambiar de opinión respecto de ellaExample sentences1.2 (Printing) (correct) third edition, revised and expanded
tercera edición, corregida y aumentadathe Revised Version(la versión revisada en 1885 de la Biblia anglicana)the Revise Standard Version(la versión norteamericana de la Biblia anglicana publicada en 1953)Example sentences
- By 1998, as the budget began to blowout, the figure was revised upwards to 23 percent.
- You may shudder to learn that the government has revised its hurricane forecast for the season that began June 1 for the worst.
- We might also note and heed the willingness of those whose positions have cost them a great deal to rethink and revise their assumptions in the light of a changing world.
- There is an English instructional book based on the books written by Doshu and there are revised editions of it as well.
- Since then, Before the Mayflower has been published in seven editions that have been revised and updated.
- Years of comparative idleness enabled him to write and revise the Arcadia, and to complete the Defence of Poetry, The Lady of May, and Astrophel and Stella.
- 2 (British English) (for exam)(subject/notes)
- There are tutorials and classes going on, and students revising for exams yet to come, in the Merton Street area.
- It was a favourite place for students to revise for examinations.
- 46 is the number of weeks 11 to 18 year old students spend revising for and doing exams.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.