Translation of revival in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable 1.1 (renewal, upsurge) there has been a revival of interest in fifties musicha habido un renovado interés por la música de los años cincuentaa religious/spiritual revivalun renacer or un renacimiento religioso/espiritualeconomic revivalreactivación (feminine) económicainvestors await a revival in demandlos inversores esperan la recuperación de la demanda1.2 (restoration)restablecimiento (masculine)
reinstauración (feminine)Example sentences1.3 (Medicine)
- A revival of economic strength is, in my view, the most urgent and realistic task.
- Boyana Film Studios, housed in a vast complex of buildings and situated in 30 hectares of parkland, has seen a dramatic revival of its fortunes in recent years.
- We had emerged from a very difficult drought and from a world recession in '83, thanks to the breaking of the drought here and the revival of fortune in the rural industries.
- After an hour of intense medical attention further revival attempts failed and the children were pronounced dead just after 8pm.
- Even today, you still spend three days brain-dead before revival.
- 2 countable (Theatre)Example sentences
- Ashtarte Productions produce a breathtaking revival of this tragic play.
- Suchet leads an all-star cast in a revival of Terence Rattigan's Man and Boy.
- The troupe ushered in three successful premieres and produced several revivals of note.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.