- 1 1.1 c u [Pol] revolución (f) come the revolution [set phrase] cuando venga la revoluciónMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (radical change) revolución (f)
- By the end of the war, Woodrow Wilson hoped for a liberal revolution in Germany, whereas the Bolsheviks anticipated a socialist revolution.
- They regard the 1917 Russian revolution as merely a capitalist revolution overthrowing feudalism.
- This was necessitated by the severe economic problems the country faced in the aftermath of the civil war and the defeat of socialist revolutions in Europe.
More example sentences
- They, too, saw a need to keep the Kadets on the side of the Revolution.
- Louis was now a prisoner of the Revolution and an enemy of the Revolution.
- But the Revolution has not yet fulfilled its tasks.
- The materials revolution led to a dramatic and sudden decrease in the cost of building bridges up to 1000m in span a decade ago, and as a consequence we have seen these new kinds of bridges cropping up everywhere.
- While there may be a few scattered news operations that the revolution has not yet touched, the profession has undergone a technological transformation.
- This is also a cultural question, and Nigeria needs as much a revolution in attitudes and thinking as it does in new legislation or new measures.
- 2 c [Astron] [Mech Eng] revolución (f) 45/33 revolutions per minute 45/33 revoluciones por minuto (before n) revolution counter cuentarrevoluciones (mpl), tacómetro (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The Blazer also has a maximum power of 138 horsepower at 5,600 revolutions per minute (rpm).
- When you have a hamster in your head than runs on its wheel at 300 revolutions a second, you certainly don't have to plan your stand-up act.
- The researchers initiated this process by feeding their rotors with ATP, and saw them revolve under the microscope at around five revolutions per second.
- Before I do this, I have to revisit science concepts and make sure I understand orbits, rotations, revolutions and seasons.
- For example, the Hilda asteroids circle the Sun three times for every two revolutions of Jupiter.
- Since the rotations and revolutions of the moon were different from Earth, an artificial sky, sun, and moon were set up to simulate Earth.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)