Translation of revolution in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 c and u [Politics/Política] revolución (feminine) come the revolution cuando venga la revoluciónExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (radical change) revolución (feminine)
- By the end of the war, Woodrow Wilson hoped for a liberal revolution in Germany, whereas the Bolsheviks anticipated a socialist revolution.
- They regard the 1917 Russian revolution as merely a capitalist revolution overthrowing feudalism.
- This was necessitated by the severe economic problems the country faced in the aftermath of the civil war and the defeat of socialist revolutions in Europe.
- They, too, saw a need to keep the Kadets on the side of the Revolution.
- Louis was now a prisoner of the Revolution and an enemy of the Revolution.
- But the Revolution has not yet fulfilled its tasks.
- The materials revolution led to a dramatic and sudden decrease in the cost of building bridges up to 1000m in span a decade ago, and as a consequence we have seen these new kinds of bridges cropping up everywhere.
- While there may be a few scattered news operations that the revolution has not yet touched, the profession has undergone a technological transformation.
- This is also a cultural question, and Nigeria needs as much a revolution in attitudes and thinking as it does in new legislation or new measures.
- 2 countable/numerable [Astronomy/Astronomía] [Mech] revolución (feminine) 45/33 revolutions per minute 45/33 revoluciones por minuto (before noun/delante del nombre) revolution counter cuentarrevoluciones (masculine plural), tacómetro (masculine)Example sentences
- The Blazer also has a maximum power of 138 horsepower at 5,600 revolutions per minute (rpm).
- When you have a hamster in your head than runs on its wheel at 300 revolutions a second, you certainly don't have to plan your stand-up act.
- The researchers initiated this process by feeding their rotors with ATP, and saw them revolve under the microscope at around five revolutions per second.
- Before I do this, I have to revisit science concepts and make sure I understand orbits, rotations, revolutions and seasons.
- For example, the Hilda asteroids circle the Sun three times for every two revolutions of Jupiter.
- Since the rotations and revolutions of the moon were different from Earth, an artificial sky, sun, and moon were set up to simulate Earth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.