Translation of revolve in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (rotate) [wheel] girar her words continued to revolve in my mind sus palabras siguieron dándome vueltas en la cabeza to revolve
aroundsth girar alrededor deor en torno aalgoExample sentences1.2
(revolving present participle/participio presente)[chair/door/stage] giratorio 1.3 (center on) to revolve
- Imagine a fly walking across a man's head as the man strolls down the aisle of a speeding train as the earth revolves on its axis and circles round the sun in a rapidly expanding universe.
- Its body revolves in a complete circle while its wheels stay put.
- The crowd is dancing to an Israeli classic, revolving in a giant circle, arms around each other's shoulders.
aroundsth/sb girar alrededor deor en torno aalgo/algn the world doesn't revolve around you, you know no te creas que eres el centro del mundoExample sentences
- An important element of the case revolves around which party initially contacted the other.
- It would have all the commercial elements with a storyline revolving around college students.
- The bulk of my professional practise has revolved around assessing and treating traumatized individuals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to