Translation of revolve in Spanish:
- 1.1 (rotate)(wheel)her words continued to revolve in my mindto revolvesus palabras siguieron dándome vueltas en la cabeza
aroundsomethinggirar alrededor deor en torno aalgoExample sentences1.2
also: revolving present participle(chair/door/stage)1.3 (center on) See examples:to revolve
- Imagine a fly walking across a man's head as the man strolls down the aisle of a speeding train as the earth revolves on its axis and circles round the sun in a rapidly expanding universe.
- Its body revolves in a complete circle while its wheels stay put.
- The crowd is dancing to an Israeli classic, revolving in a giant circle, arms around each other's shoulders.
aroundsomething/somebodythe world doesn't revolve around you, you knowgirar alrededor deor en torno aalgo/alguienno te creas que eres el centro del mundoExample sentences
- An important element of the case revolves around which party initially contacted the other.
- It would have all the commercial elements with a storyline revolving around college students.
- The bulk of my professional practise has revolved around assessing and treating traumatized individuals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.