transitive verb/verbo transitivo (past tense of/pasado de rewrote past participle of/participio pasado de, rewritten)/riːˈraɪt/
- 1.1 (alter) volver* a escribir or redactar to rewrite history enfocar* la historia desde una nueva perspectivaMore example sentences1.2 (copy out) volver* a escribir, escribir* otra vez
- I just wrote a nice long e-mail to someone about a potential business deal, and I wrote it and rewrote it at three times.
- I first wrote it as a one-act play in Kannada and have kept on writing and rewriting it over the years.
- It took me ages to write this chapter I rewrote it 4 times because I just wasn't happy with it, it felt forced.
- nueva versión (feminine) to be in rewrite(s) (American English/inglés norteamericano) estar* en proceso de revisión (before noun/delante del nombre) rewrite man (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Journalism/Periodismo] corrector (masculine) de estilo
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.