- 1.1 u [Clothing] elástico (m), canalé (m), resorte (m) (AmC, Col, Méx)More example sentences1.2 c (teasing) [colloquial/familiar] to give sb a ribbing tomarle el pelo a algn [familiar/colloquial]
More example sentences
- Not much can be done to such a basic garment, but the tank top has been brought up to date with some nifty detailing - exposed seaming, Argyle patterns, heavy ribbing.
- If you think it may get sloppy and peek out you can easily tack it to the shirt body on the front and bottom facing seam lines or into the ribbing seam if ribbing is left at the bottom.
- The plastic ribbing adds to the rigidity of the structure without a large increase in weight.
- There was good-natured ribbing while the teams walked quietly through the night to their tents.
- Most of the time, it's good-natured ribbing of a guy who uses hand cream or gets a little prissy about his hair.
- There is some good-natured ribbing between them and from within the Glasgow squad about the pair being gay icons.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)