Translation of ribbing in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable [Clothing/Indumentaria] elástico (masculine), canalé (masculine), resorte (masculine) (Central America/América Central) (Colombia) (Mexico/México)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (teasing) [colloquial/familiar] to give sb a ribbing tomarle el pelo a algn [colloquial/familiar]
- Not much can be done to such a basic garment, but the tank top has been brought up to date with some nifty detailing - exposed seaming, Argyle patterns, heavy ribbing.
- If you think it may get sloppy and peek out you can easily tack it to the shirt body on the front and bottom facing seam lines or into the ribbing seam if ribbing is left at the bottom.
- The plastic ribbing adds to the rigidity of the structure without a large increase in weight.
- There was good-natured ribbing while the teams walked quietly through the night to their tents.
- Most of the time, it's good-natured ribbing of a guy who uses hand cream or gets a little prissy about his hair.
- There is some good-natured ribbing between them and from within the Glasgow squad about the pair being gay icons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.