Translation of ribbon in Spanish:
- 1.1 (strip of fabric) cinta (feminine), listón (masculine) (Mexico/México)Example sentences1.2 (as insignia, award) galón (masculine)
- Her first effort involved a pair of handkerchiefs, a length of pink ribbon and a thread to stitch them together - made simply to free herself from the grip of the corset.
- Selfridges is promising a wrapping service using vintage and recycled ribbons, bows and fabrics.
- Baubles can be painted, stencilled, sprayed, wrapped or decorated with fabric, ribbons, glitter, pearls and beads.
Example sentences1.3 (of typewriter, printer etc) cinta (feminine)
- Winners will be awarded medals and ribbons with the Special Olympics South Africa logo.
- What is the significance of the ribbons, insignia and medals?
- It is an overwhelming, overflowing kaleidoscope of color, faces, tanned bodies, trophies, medals and ribbons.
Example sentences1.4 (narrow strip) [literary/literario] franja (feminine), faja (feminine)
- In our amateur classes, we were actually in the ribbons, having our names announced for the first time!
- For example, they are used to provide the black color in inks, pigments, rubber tires, stove polish, typewriter ribbons, and phonograph records.
- In 1888, the typewriter ribbon was patented by Jacob L. Wortman.
- Final reports were prepared on manual typewriters with two-color ribbons so that totals appeared in red.
(ribbons plural)(shreds) jirones (masculine plural) her jacket hung in ribbons tenía la chaqueta hecha jirones
- Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, finely slice carrots lengthways into ribbons.
- An orange ribbon of flame is charring its way across more than 20,000 acres near Los Angeles.
- The A888 is a narrow ribbon of tarmac that curls and loops around the inlets and headlands of the Hebridean island of Barra.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the