- 1.1 (strip of fabric) cinta (feminine), listón (masculine) (Mexico/México)More example sentences1.2 (as insignia, award) galón (masculine)
More example sentences
- Her first effort involved a pair of handkerchiefs, a length of pink ribbon and a thread to stitch them together - made simply to free herself from the grip of the corset.
- Selfridges is promising a wrapping service using vintage and recycled ribbons, bows and fabrics.
- Baubles can be painted, stencilled, sprayed, wrapped or decorated with fabric, ribbons, glitter, pearls and beads.
More example sentences1.3 (of typewriter, printer etc) cinta (feminine)
- Winners will be awarded medals and ribbons with the Special Olympics South Africa logo.
- What is the significance of the ribbons, insignia and medals?
- It is an overwhelming, overflowing kaleidoscope of color, faces, tanned bodies, trophies, medals and ribbons.
More example sentences1.4 (narrow strip) [literary/literario] franja (feminine), faja (feminine)
- In our amateur classes, we were actually in the ribbons, having our names announced for the first time!
More example sentences1.5
- For example, they are used to provide the black color in inks, pigments, rubber tires, stove polish, typewriter ribbons, and phonograph records.
- In 1888, the typewriter ribbon was patented by Jacob L. Wortman.
- Final reports were prepared on manual typewriters with two-color ribbons so that totals appeared in red.
(ribbons plural)(shreds) jirones (masculine plural) her jacket hung in ribbons tenía la chaqueta hecha jirones
- Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, finely slice carrots lengthways into ribbons.
- An orange ribbon of flame is charring its way across more than 20,000 acres near Los Angeles.
- The A888 is a narrow ribbon of tarmac that curls and loops around the inlets and headlands of the Hebridean island of Barra.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.