Translation of rider in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on horseback) 1.2 (on bicycle)Example sentences1.3 (of subway, bus)
(American English)pasajero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)usuario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)
- The shop provided saddles, boots, and other riding equipment for riders at south Florida racetracks.
- As he intended, he is once again the best young rider in the race.
- Reece now wants to develop his riding and hopes to become a top dressage rider.
- 2 2.1 (appended statement)cláusula (feminine) adicional(condition)2.2 (Law)Example sentences
- A few years ago the US introduced a pernicious rider to their new telecommunications legislation.
- Just as a rider to that, policing operations, in their widest context, normally can go on for years.
- With an environmental rider to the 1999 budget, they succeeded: the date was bumped four years to 2005.
- At his inquest the jury added a rider to its verdict urging further research into Roaccutane and its side-effects.
- No evidence was called on their behalf, and when convicting the jury added this rider.
- The committee was forced to add a number of riders to this verdict, however.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.