- 1.1 (in plowed field) caballón (m); (on wall) resalto (m), protuberancia (f)More example sentences1.2 (of hills) cadena (f); (hilltop) cresta (f); (on ocean floor) arrecife (m)
More example sentences1.3 (on roof) caballete (m) (before n) ridge tile teja (f) de caballete
- While the ventral face of the centrum generally is covered with an undulating pattern of faint ridges, the lateral surfaces are more or less smooth.
- The varnish smoothes out the gaps and ridges on the surface of the teeth and prevents the build-up of plaque, which causes decay.
- Using pipe insulation, carpet padding and polyurethane fill, he has raised ridges and mounds within his paint surfaces.
More example sentences1.4 [Meteo] a ridge of high pressure un sistema de altas presiones
- Midweek, Stefan's group will visit the villages of Magura and Pestera, where houses are built along the mountain ridges which flank deep ravines and valleys.
- Venus has a complex surface, with plains, mountains, volcanoes, ridges, rift valleys, and a few impact craters.
- With its river beds, attractive hill ridges and stunning mountains, it provides city dwellers access to nature right on their doorstep.
- The continuous surface helped by removing the requirement for distinctions between wall and roof, eliminating all need for ridges, eaves and even changes of plane.
- The ridge of the upper-floor ceiling is offset from the central ridge of the gable roof above.
- Roof ridges had to be carefully supported in their original positions to retain the roof's authentic curvature.
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.
- [ground] acaballonarMore example sentences
- The protoconidmetaconid notch is broadly open, forming a shallow U-shaped valley, and there is no raised protocristid; the enamel of the valley surface is moderately ridged and grooved.
- Growing to a height of some thirty metres, the bark is distinctively ridged and furrowed and has characteristic large burrs or bosses.
- Starting way back in time - the ground is ridged with long earthworks, there are large round tumuli and there are standing stones that look like a circle on the horizon as you approach them but perhaps are more of a line.