Translation of ridge in Spanish:
- 1 (in plowed field)Example sentences
- While the ventral face of the centrum generally is covered with an undulating pattern of faint ridges, the lateral surfaces are more or less smooth.
- The varnish smoothes out the gaps and ridges on the surface of the teeth and prevents the build-up of plaque, which causes decay.
- Using pipe insulation, carpet padding and polyurethane fill, he has raised ridges and mounds within his paint surfaces.
- 2 (of hills)(hilltop) cresta (feminine)(on ocean floor) arrecife (masculine)Example sentences
- Midweek, Stefan's group will visit the villages of Magura and Pestera, where houses are built along the mountain ridges which flank deep ravines and valleys.
- Venus has a complex surface, with plains, mountains, volcanoes, ridges, rift valleys, and a few impact craters.
- With its river beds, attractive hill ridges and stunning mountains, it provides city dwellers access to nature right on their doorstep.
- 3 (on roof)Example sentences
- The continuous surface helped by removing the requirement for distinctions between wall and roof, eliminating all need for ridges, eaves and even changes of plane.
- The ridge of the upper-floor ceiling is offset from the central ridge of the gable roof above.
- Roof ridges had to be carefully supported in their original positions to retain the roof's authentic curvature.
- The protoconidmetaconid notch is broadly open, forming a shallow U-shaped valley, and there is no raised protocristid; the enamel of the valley surface is moderately ridged and grooved.
- Growing to a height of some thirty metres, the bark is distinctively ridged and furrowed and has characteristic large burrs or bosses.
- Starting way back in time - the ground is ridged with long earthworks, there are large round tumuli and there are standing stones that look like a circle on the horizon as you approach them but perhaps are more of a line.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.