- 1 (gun) rifle (masculine), fusil (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [regiment] de fusileros rifle butt culata (feminine) de rifle rifle fire fuego (masculine) de fusilExample sentences
- If you might have to fire a rifle or shotgun indoors, keep your hearing protection near the gun.
- If infantry attacks on foot, defending troops cut off infantry from tanks and destroy it with machine-gun and automatic rifle fire.
- For many of the British the battle resembled Mons: determined infantry assaults prepared by heavy shellfire, met with accurate rifle fire.
- Prussian military rifles first mounted sword bayonets in 1787 and the armies of most other countries followed suit over the following 30 or 40 years.
- Johnston initially intended to create a black battalion that would include a Mobile company comprising Gilmer's rifles and additional troops.
- On the Moroccan side, security services with shotguns and rifles with fixed bayonets have met migrant workers.
- 2 (groove) estría (feminine)
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (plunder) [safe/drawers] desvalijar they rifled her jewel box in search of the ring le revolvieron el joyero en busca del anillo
- 2 (steal) [money/valuables] robar