Translation of rigid in Spanish:
- 1 (stiff) they were rigid with fearestaban paralizados de miedoI was bored rigid (British English) [colloquial]me aburrí como una ostra [colloquial]Example sentences
- She was rigid with terror at the very thought of it.
- His blue eyes pierced me and made my body feel suddenly rigid with fear.
- Looking over at her properly for the first time since getting into her car, he noticed her slim body was rigid with tension, her knuckles white from holding the steering wheel in a deathly grip.
- 2 (strict, rigorous)Example sentences
- The inclusion of a rigid rule against capital controls in a trade agreement makes things even worse.
- Through the end of the twentieth century, Kenyan households maintained rigid rules concerning women's roles within the patriarchal household.
- To move beyond rigid rules and roles, the twenty-first century nurse must not only understand nursing and medical language, but use it confidently.
- She was also notorious for her rude comments and rigid opinions on style.
- I have a feeling that Horton's style wasn't as rigid as the way that it has been passed down.
- A willingness to listen to and at least partially incorporate the other point of view has replaced the rigid and uncompromising attitude of the past.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.