Translation of ripe in Spanish:
- 1.1(fruit/vegetables)(cheese)to live to a ripe old agevivir muchos añosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (ready)to be ripe
- Outside in the back garden, he could see Mrs Galloway, who was their cook, picking ripe fruit from the strawberry patches nearby the greenhouse, collecting them in her apron.
- I proceeded to pick the ripe fruits and vegetables.
- The vendors took great pride in displaying and selling their wares; the ripe fruits adding colour and the voices of vendors adding din to the already noisy bazaar.
- I give them each some of my real buttermilk, soured just right, or a chunk of my ripe cheese.
- A generation of consumers accustomed to ripe, sweeter fleshy wines from the new world will be astonished at the sheer opulence of these wines.
- This is a gorgeous, perfectly ripe and totally consistent Cabernet Sauvignon.
forsomethingthe fruit was ripe for pickingthe law is ripe for reformla fruta estaba lista para ser cosechadawe will act when the time is ripees el momento propicio or oportuno para reformar la leythe time is ripe for changeactuaremos cuando sea el momento or cuando sea oportunoestán dadas las circunstancias para un cambioExample sentences1.3 (full, rounded)
(lips)(breasts)1.4 (pungent) [colloquial](smell)those socks are a bit ripeesos calcetines huelen que apestan or (in Spain also) huelen que alimentan [colloquial]Example sentences
- The time is ripe for a new focus on winning a share of the shopper that will have a shelf life well beyond the cold, hard realities of an economic slowdown.
- The time was ripe for change, hence the creation of the Academy in 1980.
- He felt his stomach growling, and decided the time was ripe for some food.
- The two riders hauled their animals to a halt at the very edge of the riverbed, smelling the carnage before they saw it: a ripe stench hanging on the breeze.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to