Translation of ripe in Spanish:
maduro(cheese)to live to a ripe old age
a puntovivir muchos añosExample sentences
- Outside in the back garden, he could see Mrs Galloway, who was their cook, picking ripe fruit from the strawberry patches nearby the greenhouse, collecting them in her apron.
- I proceeded to pick the ripe fruits and vegetables.
- The vendors took great pride in displaying and selling their wares; the ripe fruits adding colour and the voices of vendors adding din to the already noisy bazaar.
- I give them each some of my real buttermilk, soured just right, or a chunk of my ripe cheese.
- A generation of consumers accustomed to ripe, sweeter fleshy wines from the new world will be astonished at the sheer opulence of these wines.
- This is a gorgeous, perfectly ripe and totally consistent Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 2 (ready)to be ripe
forsomethingthe fruit was ripe for pickingla fruta estaba lista para ser cosechadathe law is ripe for reformes el momento propicio or oportuno para reformar la leywe will act when the time is ripeactuaremos cuando sea el momento or cuando sea oportunothe time is ripe for changeestán dadas las circunstancias para un cambioExample sentences
- The time is ripe for a new focus on winning a share of the shopper that will have a shelf life well beyond the cold, hard realities of an economic slowdown.
- The time was ripe for change, hence the creation of the Academy in 1980.
- He felt his stomach growling, and decided the time was ripe for some food.
- 4 (pungent) [colloquial](smell)those socks are a bit ripe
fuerteesos calcetines huelen que apestan or (in Spain also) huelen que alimentan [colloquial]Example sentences
- The two riders hauled their animals to a halt at the very edge of the riverbed, smelling the carnage before they saw it: a ripe stench hanging on the breeze.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.