Translation of risk in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable (danger) the benefits outweigh the riskslos beneficios superan los riesgosthe risks are too greathay demasiados riesgosthe risks involved are enormouslos riesgos que implica son enormesthere's an element of risk in any investmenttoda inversión implica or encierra un cierto riesgothe risk of infection is slightel riesgo or peligro de infección es mínimothere's no risk of anyone knowing you hereno hay riesgo or peligro de que alguien te conozca aquíwill we lose our jobs? — there's little risk of that¿nos vamos a quedar sin trabajo? — es muy poco probable que eso sucedaat the risk of
-inga riesgo de +at the risk of repetition infinitivea riesgo de repetirmeis there any risk that she'll say 'no'?¿hay algún peligro de que se niegue?there's always the risk that he'll forgetsiempre existe el riesgo or el peligro de que se (le) olvidethose most at risk from the diseaselos que corren mayor riesgo or peligro de contraer la enfermedadour jobs are at risknuestros trabajos están en or corren peligroat one's own riskpor su ( or mi etc. ) cuenta y riesgothat's a risk we'll just have to take
bajo su ( or mi etc. ) propia responsabilidadno tenemos más remedio que correr ese riesgoyou must be prepared to take riskshay que estar dispuesto a arriesgarse or a correr riesgosyou're running the risk of offending himte estás arriesgando a or corres el riesgo de que se ofendait isn't worth the riskno vale la pena arriesgarse or correr el riesgoa health riskun peligro para la saludthat is a fire riskeso podría causar un incendio(before noun) the risk factor increases if …el riesgo or peligro es mayor si …Example sentences
- He was closest to the situation, knew the risks, knew what they could gain from such a crime, and knew what they stood to lose if they were discovered, which was very little.
- Young farm children need to be limited in their exposure to risks; older youths must be trained and closely supervised.
- They are well aware of their threat exposure and understand the risks associated with the systems in use.
- 2 (Finance) to be a good/bad riskconstituir un riesgo aceptable/inaceptablean insurable/uninsurable riskun riesgo asegurable/no asegurableare you insured for all risks?¿estás asegurado contra todo riesgo?¿estás asegurado a todo riesgo? (Spain)to spread the riskdiversificar las inversiones para minimizar los riesgoshigh-/low-risk investmentinversión (feminine) de alto/bajo riesgorisk managergestor (-tora) (masculine, feminine) de riesgos
gerente (masculine or feminine) de riesgosExample sentences
- The management of financial risk is the most obvious dimension.
- In terms of companies with the highest financial risk profile of those analysed, Greencore comes out on top when the three measures are taken together.
- Each year a report is produced by the trustees of your pension scheme and every three years there is a valuation by actuaries, who analyse financial risk.
- 1 (put in danger)(reputation/health)she's prepared to risk everything
poner en peligroestá dispuesta a arriesgarlo todoto risk one's life for somebodyarriesgar or poner en peligro su ( or mi etc. ) vida por alguienExample sentences
- I was afraid to risk you, and was worried you'd be in danger if she kept working for me.
- I need to find a way to monitor the subjects without risking anybody's life.
- I wasn't going to risk my friends safety, plus Nick was getting scary.
- 2 (expose oneself to)arriesgarse awe risk defeat
correr el riesgo decorremos el riesgo de or nos exponemos a una derrotaare you going to take your umbrella? — no, I think I'll risk it¿vas a llevar el paraguas? — no, creo que me voy a arriesgarto risk
-ingarriesgarseyou risk being late aor correr el riesgo de+ infinitivete arriesgas a or corres el riesgo de llegar tardeExample sentences
- I know you say that now, but we simply cannot risk another incident like this and have you lose your scholarship or even get suspended or expelled.
- Today he was too concerned for Mariah to risk an accident.
- My bet is nobody yet wants to risk the possibility of losing their subscribers to another such facility, through charging too much, or too early.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.