Translation of roasting in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (Cooking) (before noun)(chicken/meat)roasting pan or (British) dish or tin roasting spit
para asarExample sentences
- A number of cocoa-processing factors, including bean origin and roasting, combine to influence cocoa powder attributes.
- He had unusually thick glasses, which aided in the lighting of the signal fire and in the roasting of the pigs.
- Stratford was famous for its malting - the roasting and grinding of grain, usually barley, for use in brewing.
- 2 (no plural) [colloquial] (scolding)bronca (feminine) [colloquial]to give somebody a real roastingdarle un buen sermón a alguienecharle una buena bronca a alguien [colloquial]Example sentences
- The film's basic story is appealing, and despite the critical roasting, Chaplin tells his story well.
- If after this you expect a royal roasting, I am sorry to disappoint you: the revival show is still rattling good fun.
- After that film received a sound critical roasting, he took a break of several years from live action film making, returning to the anime world that was his original home.
- [colloquial]it's absolutely roastinghace un calor que te asas [colloquial]Example sentences
- It's been roasting here for the past two days with temperatures in excess of 90 degrees.
- The sky is gray but it's roasting.
- Sometimes, there would be no breeze at all, and it would be roasting hot, and you'd lie awake, drenched in sweat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.