Translation of roasting in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (Cookery) (before noun)(chicken/meat)roasting pan o (British English) dish o tin roasting spit
para asarExample sentences
- A number of cocoa-processing factors, including bean origin and roasting, combine to influence cocoa powder attributes.
- He had unusually thick glasses, which aided in the lighting of the signal fire and in the roasting of the pigs.
- Stratford was famous for its malting - the roasting and grinding of grain, usually barley, for use in brewing.
- 2 (no plural) [colloquial] (scolding)bronca (feminine) [colloquial]to give somebody a real roastingdarle un buen sermón a alguienecharle una buena bronca a alguien [colloquial]Example sentences
- The film's basic story is appealing, and despite the critical roasting, Chaplin tells his story well.
- If after this you expect a royal roasting, I am sorry to disappoint you: the revival show is still rattling good fun.
- After that film received a sound critical roasting, he took a break of several years from live action film making, returning to the anime world that was his original home.
- [colloquial]it's absolutely roastinghace un calor que te asas [colloquial]Example sentences
- The group are required to trek across a roasting hot south Californian desert to reach an American flag some 53 miles away within three days and without getting caught by the Feds.
- In urban areas, a combination of roasting summers and increased pollution will also begin to take their toll on health, particularly in poor communities where air-conditioning is out of the question.
- The turkey vulture is not the only opportunist circling in the roasting sun of the Chihuahuan desert.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.