Translation of robe in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (worn by magistrates, academics) (often plural) the mayor's robe of officeel traje de ceremonias del alcaldeceremonial robesvestiduras (feminine plural) ceremonialesExample sentences1.2 (worn by students) (US)
- She designed the clothes, which range from suave street garb to ceremonial robes.
- He wears his red robes of office as Judge of the King's Bench.
- Whereas Erasmus wears the black robes of an academic, the archbishop dresses in priestly white.
- 2 (worn in house)Example sentences
- She wrapped a red silk robe around herself and tied it.
- I would have wrapped my warm, terry cloth robe about me, but it wasn't in the bathroom.
- She carefully got out wiping her smooth legs dry then putting on the terry cotton robe to answer the door.
- (formal or literary)to robe somebody (
insomething)vestir a alguien ( dealgo)Example sentences
- Instead of being robed in the skin of a lion or a leopard that is customary for African royalty, he is clad in a cape made from the skin of some wild animal.
- Simeon directs his song of praise to an elevated, imposing high priest in a scene dominated by an even more imposing crowned, splendidly robed temple guardian.
- They are robed in ermine-trimmed royal red, as in Snow White.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.