Translation of robust in Spanish:
- [person/animal] robusto, fuerte; [health] de hierro; [appetite] bueno; [material/construction] resistente, sólido, fuerte; [defense] enérgico, vigoroso; [faith] sólido a robust sense of humor un saludable sentido del humorExample sentences
- The wear and tear after twelve weeks of children running, jumping, and rarely standing still further supports Waterson's choice of robust construction elements, hazard signs and protective barriers.
- Playing with the values of bookmaking and book arts, he has produced a series of artists’ books robust enough to be handled by the public.
- The robust steel and concrete construction and strong geometric forms of the two buildings reinforce their physical relationship.
- Her body, once the robust athletic image of health, now requires a machine to keep it alive.
- Mid-summer plantings of short-season tomato cultivars can provide vigorous, robust plants from which to harvest high-quality fruit.
- Losey's health, never robust, failed during the production of the film and he died in London on 22 June 1984.
- There will be even less robust debate and argument, as everybody runs scared of being accused of bullying.
- We have had a very robust debate this afternoon, and I encourage that.
- He advocated theories existence that would be sufficiently robust to reveal the larger patterns of society and do justice to its intricacies and complexities.
- The robust economy has resulted in more than seven million people worldwide now classed as high-net-worth individuals, with assets of $1 million or more.
- He adds that the move is justified by a ‘more receptive’ public looking for more upscale choices in today's robust economy.
- Dot-corn fever and a robust economy had money pouring into the museum from longtime benefactors and new supporters alike.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.