Translation of rocker in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (under chair, cradle) to be off one's rocker [colloquial]estar chiflado or chalado [colloquial]to go off one's rockerperder la chaveta [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (rocking chair) 1.3 (Cars)
also: rocker arm
- As far as I know, ‘Auntie ‘did nothing all day but sit in a rocker and crochet multi-colored shawls and comforters and stuff like that.’
- Next to the photo was a smaller model of the Halston rocker, a kind of splayed chair with a narrow back that looked terribly uncomfortable.
- Pull your rocker onto the back porch, or spread your blanket on the roof, turn on the fan and enjoy the quiet.
- 2 2.1 (rock performer)rockero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)(fan) rockero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)
rocanrolero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences2.2 (song)
- The photogenic New Wave mannequins and hair metal rockers that the channel enjoyed such success with in the '80s were being replaced by grunge and alternative artists.
- He kicked the jack-of-all-trades route to the curb, got himself a band, and made a quick metamorphosis into a brash rocker.
- About the closest I could relate to it was my teenage days as a Goth rocker, when my girlfriend used to put some white face on me to take away my tan, and we wore all black.
- The soundtrack disc includes vintage rockers by Sweet and Girlschool and new songs by Creeper, a band fronted by the one and only Dean.
- The overall pace is so even you scarcely notice when the odd rocker slips by, creating a slightly flatter feel than the songs deserve.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.