Translation of rocker in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (under chair, cradle) to be off one's rocker [colloquial]estar chiflado or chalado [colloquial]to go off one's rocker 1.2 (rocking chair)Example sentences1.3 (Cars)
also: rocker arm
- As far as I know, ‘Auntie ‘did nothing all day but sit in a rocker and crochet multi-colored shawls and comforters and stuff like that.’
- Next to the photo was a smaller model of the Halston rocker, a kind of splayed chair with a narrow back that looked terribly uncomfortable.
- Pull your rocker onto the back porch, or spread your blanket on the roof, turn on the fan and enjoy the quiet.
- 2 2.1 (rock performer)rockero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)(fan)2.2 (song)
rockero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)
rocanrolero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The soundtrack disc includes vintage rockers by Sweet and Girlschool and new songs by Creeper, a band fronted by the one and only Dean.
- The overall pace is so even you scarcely notice when the odd rocker slips by, creating a slightly flatter feel than the songs deserve.
- The photogenic New Wave mannequins and hair metal rockers that the channel enjoyed such success with in the '80s were being replaced by grunge and alternative artists.
- He kicked the jack-of-all-trades route to the curb, got himself a band, and made a quick metamorphosis into a brash rocker.
- About the closest I could relate to it was my teenage days as a Goth rocker, when my girlfriend used to put some white face on me to take away my tan, and we wore all black.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.