- 1 (spacecraft) cohete (masculine) espacial (before noun/delante del nombre) rocket attack ataque (masculine) con cohetesMore example sentences
- At the start of World War II, he entered the Royal navy and served with distinction on mine sweepers, destroyers, and rocket launchers.
- Helping the scientists with their endeavor is a group of astronauts tooling around in their high-tech rocket ship, led by space-stud Katsuo.
- Many are heavily armed, while others must've arrived late the day that they were handing out rocket launchers.
- 3 (engine) cohete (masculine)More example sentences
- The rocket motor ignites following discharge from the cannon and extends the effective range of the cannon.
- However, the propulsion device of a rocket can be called either a rocket motor or a rocket engine, and usage here seems not to have settled on one or the other.
- While many of these technologies may seem like science fiction, so too were the jet engine, the airplane, and the rocket engine only 100 years ago.
- 4 (firework) cohete (masculine), volador (masculine), cuete (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) to give sb a rocket (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] echarle una bronca a algn [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- The famed Brooklyn amusement park is a recurring motif in these paintings that feature carousel horses, Ferris wheels, fireworks, rockets and extravagant fantasy architecture.
- He spent his summer vacation collaborating with scientists on a project involving launching small rockets into storm clouds above a desolate region to trigger lightning bolts.
- Will this bizarre heist sizzle like a bottle rocket or fizzle like a defective firecracker?
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (rise) [price] dispararse, ponerse* por las nubes she rocketed to stardom se convirtió en una estrella or llegó al estrellato de la noche a la mañana
- 2(rocketing present participle/participio presente)[inflation] galopante rocketing prices precios que se disparan or que suben vertiginosamente