Translation of rod in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (bar)(in engine) vástago (masculine)also: connecting rodExample sentences1.2
also: fishing rod1.3 (for punishment) to force somebody to kiss the rodobligar a alguien a bajar or doblar la cervizto make a rod for one's own backcrearse problemasto rule with a rod of iron or an iron rodgobernar con mano de hierrospare the rod and spoil the childExample sentences1.4 (in eye)
- These elegantly diminutive, finely wrought sculptures employ curved, flat and linear shapes that perch upon thin metal rods.
- Approximately half of the tubes are filled with thin steel rods, which radiate outward to varying lengths.
- In the living room, a chainmail curtain hung from a metal rod is a fireguard for the aluminium clad fireplace.
- I say relatively, because all too frequently you've broken the very rules you vow to uphold, particularly through your selective choice and editing of sequences of material which you then employ as a rod with which to beat us, and others.
- Messing with our rods and cones, Downing's saturated dots stick around perceptually in afterimages.
- Be warned, if you sit too close to the screen, the TV may do permanent damage to your rods and cones.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.