- 1 1.1 (bar) varilla (f), barra (f); (in engine) vástago (m)(connecting rod)biela (f)More example sentences1.2
(fishing rod)caña (f) (de pescar) 1.3 (for punishment) vara (f), férula (f) to force sb to kiss the rod obligar* a algn a bajar or doblar la cerviz to make a rod for one's own back crearse problemas to rule with a rod of iron o an iron rod gobernar* con mano de hierro spare the rod and spoil the child la letra con sangre entraMore example sentences1.4 (in eye) bastoncillo (m)
- These elegantly diminutive, finely wrought sculptures employ curved, flat and linear shapes that perch upon thin metal rods.
- Approximately half of the tubes are filled with thin steel rods, which radiate outward to varying lengths.
- In the living room, a chainmail curtain hung from a metal rod is a fireguard for the aluminium clad fireplace.
More example sentences
- I say relatively, because all too frequently you've broken the very rules you vow to uphold, particularly through your selective choice and editing of sequences of material which you then employ as a rod with which to beat us, and others.
- Messing with our rods and cones, Downing's saturated dots stick around perceptually in afterimages.
- Be warned, if you sit too close to the screen, the TV may do permanent damage to your rods and cones.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.