Translation of rogue in Spanish:
- pícaro, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)you little rogue!
pillo, (-lla) (masculine, feminine)
bribón, (-bona) (masculine, feminine)¡granuja!rogues' gallery
¡pilluelo!fichero (masculine) de delincuentesExample sentences
- Beginning in sixteenth-century England, a distinct criminal culture of rogues, vagabonds, gypsies, beggars, cony-catchers, cutpurses, and prostitutes emerged and flourished.
- In these tales, John may assume the posture of a rogue, naive rascal, or fool when he encounters an oppressive master who reminds him of his limited possibilities on the plantation.
- Before she can marry the prince, she finds herself kidnapped by a gang of rogues led by Vizzini.
- In fact, it's difficult to know whether it's a comedy at all, or just an entertaining movie about likeable rogues.
- He plays the likeable rogue who uses an outlawed method of fishing: blowing the fish out of the water with dynamite.
- With a new actor assaying the role, Dov ceases to be a charming rogue and becomes a bit of a jerk.
adjective before noun
que vive apartado de la manadaExample sentences1.2
- The film describes the hunting down of a rogue elephant in Assam.
- Embarrassed, Nadeem changed the subject to the damage a rogue elephant can do.
- The cheerful officer takes over the station, just as a rogue Minbari warship comes looking for trouble.
- Both sequels are based on Robert Ludlum novels about a rogue CIA super assassin.
- With organic farming, songs from k d lang and some cracking yodelling from our rogue maverick rap star, complaints should only raise a whisper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.