- 1.1 [Cinema/Cine] [Theater/Teatro] papel (masculine) to play o interpret a role hacer* or interpretar un papel she was cast in the role of the daughter le dieron el papel de la hija title/star/leading/supporting role papel protagónico/estelar/principal/secundarioMore example sentences1.2 (function) papel (masculine), rol (masculine) what role does she play in the company? ¿qué papel desempeña or cuál es su rol en la compañía? in a reversal of their usual roles cambiándose los papeles 1.3 [Psychology/Psicología] [Sociology/Sociología] rol (masculine)
More example sentences
- The film also uses actors not known for quality feature film acting or stage roles.
- Most of the major roles were cast with actors I already knew and with whom I had acted earlier in my career.
- Last she got to play varied kind of roles in films like Kastoorimaan where she had an author-backed role.
- She stopped everything to care for her mother and assumed the caregiver role in the domestic sphere.
- What part of ourselves was lost when we assumed our respective roles?
- During the first part of Hals's career the militia companies continued to play a vital role in the defence of each city.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.