- 1.1 [Cinema/Cine] [Theater/Teatro] papel (masculine) to play o interpret a role hacer* or interpretar un papel she was cast in the role of the daughter le dieron el papel de la hija title/star/leading/supporting role papel protagónico/estelar/principal/secundarioMore example sentences1.2 (function) papel (masculine), rol (masculine) what role does she play in the company? ¿qué papel desempeña or cuál es su rol en la compañía? in a reversal of their usual roles cambiándose los papeles 1.3 [Psychology/Psicología] [Sociology/Sociología] rol (masculine)
More example sentences
- The film also uses actors not known for quality feature film acting or stage roles.
- Most of the major roles were cast with actors I already knew and with whom I had acted earlier in my career.
- Last she got to play varied kind of roles in films like Kastoorimaan where she had an author-backed role.
- She stopped everything to care for her mother and assumed the caregiver role in the domestic sphere.
- What part of ourselves was lost when we assumed our respective roles?
- During the first part of Hals's career the militia companies continued to play a vital role in the defence of each city.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.