Translation of role in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Cinema, Theater) to play o interpret a roleshe was cast in the role of the daughterhacer or interpretar un papeltitle/star/leading/supporting rolele dieron el papel de la hijapapel protagónico/estelar/principal/secundarioExample sentences1.2 (function) what role does she play in the company?
in a reversal of their usual roles¿qué papel desempeña or cuál es su rol en la compañía?1.3 (Psychology, Sociology)cambiándose los papelesExample sentences
- The film also uses actors not known for quality feature film acting or stage roles.
- Most of the major roles were cast with actors I already knew and with whom I had acted earlier in my career.
- Last she got to play varied kind of roles in films like Kastoorimaan where she had an author-backed role.
- She stopped everything to care for her mother and assumed the caregiver role in the domestic sphere.
- What part of ourselves was lost when we assumed our respective roles?
- During the first part of Hals's career the militia companies continued to play a vital role in the defence of each city.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.