- 1.1 u (language) rumano (m)More example sentences1.2 c (person) rumano, -na (m,f)
More example sentences
- The official language of Moldova is Romanian (with a Moldavian dialect), and the second language is Russian.
- Although it was influenced linguistically by invaders and neighbours (Turks and Greeks), Romanian is a Romance language, with obvious implications for the character of its folk music.
- Readers who have studied Romance languages other than Romanian will be able to see from the above that there are tantalising similarities between the language and, say, Spanish.
- With the help of Russia, which defeated the Turks, the Romanians were given more freedom and granted a new constitution in 1829.
- It is settled by Serbs and other Slavs, plus large numbers of Hungarians, Romanians, Slovaks, and Ruthenians, each speaking and reading in their own tongue.
- After only one full academic year, the school's enrollment had grown to sixty-one with the addition of Czechoslovakians, Romanians, and Italians.