Translation of romanize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make like Romans) romanizar*Example sentences1.2 (transliterate)[ transcribir una lengua usando el alfabeto latino ]
- Britain was a thoroughly Romanized province, or at least the southern portions were.
- There were certain areas east of the Rhine and north of the Danube that had Roman colonies, but the territory never was Romanized in the thorough fashion that Britain was.
- The numbers of Romans were never great, but the indigenous upper classes became Romanized and spoke Latin.
- The session focused on a massive undertaking by American libraries to convert to the pinyin system of romanizing the Chinese language.
- How can students be expected to compete in the international marketplace when they don't even know the accepted standard for romanizing their own language?
- Pinyin is the Romanized Chinese phonetic system and is the most effective aid to learning Mandarin today.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.