transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make like Romans) romanizar*More example sentences1.2 (transliterate)[ transcribir una lengua usando el alfabeto latino ]
More example sentences
- Britain was a thoroughly Romanized province, or at least the southern portions were.
- There were certain areas east of the Rhine and north of the Danube that had Roman colonies, but the territory never was Romanized in the thorough fashion that Britain was.
- The numbers of Romans were never great, but the indigenous upper classes became Romanized and spoke Latin.
- The session focused on a massive undertaking by American libraries to convert to the pinyin system of romanizing the Chinese language.
- How can students be expected to compete in the international marketplace when they don't even know the accepted standard for romanizing their own language?
- Pinyin is the Romanized Chinese phonetic system and is the most effective aid to learning Mandarin today.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.