Translation of romanize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make like Romans) romanizar*Example sentences1.2 (transliterate)[ transcribir una lengua usando el alfabeto latino ]
- Britain was a thoroughly Romanized province, or at least the southern portions were.
- There were certain areas east of the Rhine and north of the Danube that had Roman colonies, but the territory never was Romanized in the thorough fashion that Britain was.
- The numbers of Romans were never great, but the indigenous upper classes became Romanized and spoke Latin.
- The session focused on a massive undertaking by American libraries to convert to the pinyin system of romanizing the Chinese language.
- How can students be expected to compete in the international marketplace when they don't even know the accepted standard for romanizing their own language?
- Pinyin is the Romanized Chinese phonetic system and is the most effective aid to learning Mandarin today.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.