Translation of romp in Spanish:
- 1 (frolic) the children dashed off for a romp in the snowlos niños salieron a retozar en la nieveExample sentences
- I quickly changed out of the white gown, and hung it up to dry, for it was partially damp due to my romp through the snow.
- It's daughter Caroline's third birthday and a proud and happy little girl turns church-going into a gleeful romp.
- 2 (sexual)Example sentences
- As a homosexual, I would also be disapproving of promiscuous, illicit bathroom romps, simply because of the moral code by which I live.
- The songwriter's lyrics are peppered with references to vampires, premonitions, smoke and mirrors, no strings attached sexual romps and Elvis rising from the dead.
- The image does look as if these texts describe a harmless aristocratic sexual romp.
- 3 (play, film, novel)(obra divertida y sin pretensiones)Example sentences
- Hodges found the production chaotic but managed to ‘let go’, producing a lavish and enjoyable comic sci-fi romp.
- In all actuality, this film is a light-hearted action romp that has its tongue firmly planted in its cheek.
- The elements are present for a really good sci-fi cinematic romp but unfortunately the movie's screenplay holds the film back from achieving great things.
- 4 (easy victory)carrera (feminine) fácilExample sentences
- Brock scored four more goals in the third period to cap off the romp with three of those coming in the last five minutes of the game.
- But England will take what they can from a 12-try romp against the hapless Canadians.
- Vale of Lune made club history with a six try romp at Morley at the weekend.
- 1 (frolic)Example sentences
- He romped with just about every starlet on the scene, making a name for himself as a stud who brought out the best in his partners.
- As far back as the Napoleonic Wars era, queers from London would leave their closeted lives to romp with the legions of soldiers billeted here.
- His daughter has been caught on video romping with her latest lover on the stairs of a London nightclub..
- 2 (move boisterously)correr alegrementeExample sentences
- With all these demands on her time, plus kids and a dog romping through the yard, how does Stacie keep her garden beautiful enough to turn heads?
- The adults can enjoy their feasting, drinking, the beach and sun while the children romp in the waters within eyesight.
- We see herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plains, elephants romping in the distance, and breathtaking shots of mountains and valleys.
- 3 (move with ease) (+ adverb complement) she romped through the examno tuvo problemas para hacer el examenhe has romped into a spectacular leadha conseguido sin dificultad una ventaja espectacularExample sentences
- The odds are that, whoever romps home to victory, there'll be plenty of laughs along the way.
- In the second leg of the double header, Workers romped home for a 22-0 win.
- When I told an acquaintance about a ten to one shot that romped home later in the day, I had no idea how much, if anything, that tip was ultimately worth to him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.