Translation of rookery in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 (colony of rooks) colonia (feminine) de grajosExample sentences1.2 (breeding place) lugar (masculine) de cría, colonia (feminine)
- If a bird misbehaved itself such as claim or take over another bird's nest in the rookery the general body intervened and that bird was sentenced to isolation and had to go and live on a tree apart from the rest.
- However, the people actually had rooks and a rookery.
- The reason for the desertion wasn't difficult to find: a pair of Buzzards had decided that the old rookery was an ideal place for them to nest!
- This bounty still lures millions of sea birds from rookeries across the Pacific Ocean.
- Warning bells went off for locals in the 1970s after a deluge of visitors discovered the elephant seal rookery.
- We also expect to see abundant turtles, as the Lacepedes are Western Australia's largest green turtle rookery.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.