n (plural -ries)
- 1.1 (colony of rooks) colonia (feminine) de grajosMore example sentences1.2 (breeding place) lugar (masculine) de cría, colonia (feminine)
More example sentences
- If a bird misbehaved itself such as claim or take over another bird's nest in the rookery the general body intervened and that bird was sentenced to isolation and had to go and live on a tree apart from the rest.
- However, the people actually had rooks and a rookery.
- The reason for the desertion wasn't difficult to find: a pair of Buzzards had decided that the old rookery was an ideal place for them to nest!
- This bounty still lures millions of sea birds from rookeries across the Pacific Ocean.
- Warning bells went off for locals in the 1970s after a deluge of visitors discovered the elephant seal rookery.
- We also expect to see abundant turtles, as the Lacepedes are Western Australia's largest green turtle rookery.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.