Translation of rookie in Spanish:
- 1.1 (novice) novato, (masculine, feminine), principiante (masculine and feminine), bisoño, (masculine, feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [journalist/golfer] novato, bisoñoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (military recruit) recluta (masculine)
- Even a rookie police officer could see he was involved with the other assassins.
- We were presented with NYPD sleeve patches, shown around the police museum, visited the Police Academy where rookies were trained, and shown their incident vehicles.
- Tracking down a horrifying killer, a rookie cop discovers what it is like for the hunter to become the hunted.
- Naturally, he is adept at organizing hockey camps and schools - an invaluable skill to have for a coach of a team that featured 12 rookies this season.
- Many of our team members were rookies, myself included.
- Although many of the current players are former athletes, others are rookies not only to football but to sports in general.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.