Translation of rookie in Spanish:
- 1.1 (novice)novato, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)bisoño, (-ña) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (military recruit)
- Even a rookie police officer could see he was involved with the other assassins.
- We were presented with NYPD sleeve patches, shown around the police museum, visited the Police Academy where rookies were trained, and shown their incident vehicles.
- Tracking down a horrifying killer, a rookie cop discovers what it is like for the hunter to become the hunted.
- Naturally, he is adept at organizing hockey camps and schools - an invaluable skill to have for a coach of a team that featured 12 rookies this season.
- Many of our team members were rookies, myself included.
- Although many of the current players are former athletes, others are rookies not only to football but to sports in general.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.