Translation of room in Spanish:
- 1 countable (in house, building)habitación (feminine)
pieza (feminine) (esp (Latin America) )(bedroom) habitación (feminine)a two-/four-room house
pieza (feminine) (esp (Latin America) )
recámara (feminine) (esp (Mexico) )una casa de dos/de cuatro habitaciones or ( (Southern Cone) tb) ambienteswe'll hire a room for the meeting/receptionalquilaremos una sala para la reunión/recepciónsingle/double room the smallest room (in the house) [euphemistic] [humorous]el (cuarto de) bañorooms to hire o for rent o ( (British English) also) to letse alquilan habitacionesroom and boardExample sentences
- One of the delightful surprises is the ceiling of the toddler room on the second floor.
- Finally, the attic conversion has added two further rooms with walls and ceilings panelled in white deal.
- On the first floor the master bedroom and en suite bathroom are both spacious rooms with high ceilings.
- They get the sign-painter's boy to help, because his family rents rooms in the schoolmaster's house.
- Gwen and her family lived in the upper rooms of a small house and I knew from experience that the smell of too many people in too small a place hit a person the second they opened the front door.
- He lives in rooms set apart from the rest of the house, to allow him some independence from his parents.
- 2 uncountable (space) there's room for one morecabe uno másthere's no room for anything else
hay espacio or sitio or lugar para uno másno cabe nada másthey made room for me
no hay sitio or lugar or espacio para nada másme hicieron sitiothis table takes up too much roomesta mesa ocupa demasiado espacio or lugarthere's still room for improvementtodavía se puede mejorarshe's improved a lot — there was room!ha mejorado mucho — ¡y buena falta le hacía!there is no room for delay/erroruno no puede atrasarse/equivocarseI need room to breathe
no hay ningún margen para retrasos/erroresnecesito mi espacio vital→ cat1 1 1Example sentences
- There is room in the safer areas for these children; householders have volunteered to provide it.
- The man sat down between two people, so she didn't have room to move to see his face.
- Small enough to be cosy, large enough to give her room to move if she wished it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.