Translation of rope in Spanish:
nouncountable and uncountable
- (Nautical)a rope of climbers
cabo (masculine)una cordadathe rope (hanging) a rope of pearlsun collar de perlas (de varias vueltas entrelazadas)give them enough rope and they'll hang themselvesdéjalos hacer lo que quieran y ya verás cómo se cavan su propia fosato be on the ropesestar contra las cuerdasto show somebody/know the ropesMike will show you the ropesMike te enseñará cómo funciona todoask Helen, she knows the ropespregúntale a Helen, que está muy al tanto de todoExample sentences
- My eyes came to rest on a long strand of thick hemp rope, slightly frazzled but still in one piece.
- A single strand of grass is easy to break, but if you weave enough of it together, you can get a nice, strong length of rope.
- He stood up with about a two-foot length of hefty hemp rope in his hands.
- 1 (tie)atarthe climbers roped themselves together
amarrar (Latin America excluding Río de la Plata) (con una cuerda)los escaladores formaron una cordada
- 2 (US) (lasso)Example sentences
- They rope his hand and attach the other end to a door bolt and leave the poor dolt there.
- Nevertheless, as a precaution, the murderers roped their victims together and led them to a gully where any attempt to escape would be impeded before they went about their grisly business.
- They built a little hut out of a tarp, then roped their plastic ponchos together and hung it between to trees to make a ceiling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.