Translation of rort in Spanish:
- (Australia) [colloquial/familiar] estafa (feminine); timo (masculine) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- What MPs have done is legislate a tax rort for themselves.
- Today I've decided to take a look at some of these rip-offs and rorts, and to invite readers to submit their own observations and opinions by way of the forums.
- They see political entitlements with too many rorts and too much feather-bedding.
- They seem to be able to find money to waste on rorts and subsidising big business but yet we still have waiting lists in hospitals.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.