Translation of rort in Spanish:
- (Australia) [colloquial]timo (masculine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- What MPs have done is legislate a tax rort for themselves.
- Today I've decided to take a look at some of these rip-offs and rorts, and to invite readers to submit their own observations and opinions by way of the forums.
- They see political entitlements with too many rorts and too much feather-bedding.
- They seem to be able to find money to waste on rorts and subsidising big business but yet we still have waiting lists in hospitals.
- (Australia) [colloquial]
valerse de artimañasExample sentences
- He was disgraced three years ago for rorting the party books and only escaped prison on, as the PM would say, ‘a technicality‘.
- Senior politicians, rorting the system with inflated travel claims.
- If you do nothing productive you are a bludger, get something positive together then we are accused of rorting the system.
- He and his friends, family and mentors rorted the system.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.