- 1.1 (worn on lapel) escarapela (f)More example sentences1.2 (rose window) rosetón (m)
More example sentences
- Another attraction at the Royal Show, also competing for rosettes and prize cards are over thirty pure breeds of poultry, exhibiting in the Poultry Marquee on the first three days of the show and followed by a poultry display on the fourth.
- Rival candidates sought to display their strength by adorning the streets and their supporters with banners and rosettes.
- The prize was decorated with silk rosettes, fruit and small stuffed birds.
- The doorknobs' roses or rosettes are simply cast and machined brass discs with a ribbed outside border having a three-inch diameter, twice the size of the normal knob rose.
- Designed with a center emphasis, the fabrics are arranged in rings of hexagons, with four additional rosettes in the corners.
- For example, the dark blue triangles on the pink background of the rosettes are barely perceptible in the old photograph and may be missed entirely if the viewer is not aware of the value shift.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.