Translation of rot in Spanish:
- 1 (Biology) the rot set inlas cosas empezaron a decaer or a venirse abajowe must stop the rothay que tomar medidas para cortar por lo sanoExample sentences
- Bacterial stalk rot can affect the plant at any node from the soil surface up to the ear leaves and tassels.
- Charcoal rot is a fungal disease favored by hot, dry weather at this stage in crop development.
- Such antagonism may also protect the corn plant from the E verticillioides disease, stalk rot.
- 2 (nonsense) (esp British English) [colloquial]tonterías (feminine plural)paparruchas (feminine plural) [colloquial]Example sentences
- In our school, you're not allowed to climb trees - liabilities and all that rot.
- They say it's to incite a new nationalistic spirit or some such rot.
- You've just been in terrible trouble for saying that feminism is all rot and that it went off in the wrong direction.
intransitive verb -tt-
- (plant/flesh)to rot away
pudrirsepudrirseto rot down (compost)descomponerseto rot in jail she was rotting (away) in a dead-end jobse estaba pudriendo en un trabajo sin futuroExample sentences
- After a few days, the sought after botrytis-infected grape can rot further by the action of another fungus into a gooey grey lump.
- The rubbish rots and gives off gases like methane which is potentially explosive as well as adding to global warming.
- Potatoes rotted in the hold and drinking water grew thick and poured like oil.
transitive verb -tt-
- (wood/tree)sugar rots the teeth
pudrirel azúcar pica or caria los dientes
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.