Translation of rot in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Biology/Biología] podredumbre (feminine), putrefacción (feminine) the rot set in las cosas empezaron a decaer or a venirse abajo we must stop the rot hay que tomar medidas para cortar por lo sanoExample sentences1.2 (nonsense) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], tonterías (feminine plural), paparruchas (feminine plural) [colloquial/familiar]
- Bacterial stalk rot can affect the plant at any node from the soil surface up to the ear leaves and tassels.
- Charcoal rot is a fungal disease favored by hot, dry weather at this stage in crop development.
- Such antagonism may also protect the corn plant from the E verticillioides disease, stalk rot.
- In our school, you're not allowed to climb trees - liabilities and all that rot.
- They say it's to incite a new nationalistic spirit or some such rot.
- You've just been in terrible trouble for saying that feminism is all rot and that it went off in the wrong direction.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-tt-)
- [plant/flesh] pudrirse* to rot away pudrirse* to rot down [compost] descomponerse* to rot in jail pudrirse* en la cárcel she was rotting (away) in a dead-end job se estaba pudriendo en un trabajo sin futuro
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-tt-)
- [wood/tree] pudrir* sugar rots the teeth el azúcar pica or caria los dientes
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.