Translation of rotate in Spanish:
- 1 (turn about axis) rotating bladecuchilla (feminine) giratoria or rotatoriaExample sentences
- Just so you get to see this trick from all angles, the centre of the stage will rotate round slowly.
- Beta station loomed out of the darkness, the centre spire rotating in an anti-clockwise direction.
- I assumed those barrels would rotate around when a round was spent, but they seemed too high-tech to be simple revolvers.
- 2 (take turns)turnarse
rotarse(crops)members rotate in the role of chairman
alternarselos miembros se van turnando or (se) van rotando para ocupar la presidenciaon a rotating basispor turnosExample sentences
- Today board meetings rotate among the three locations, and design staff members travel among the offices on a project-by-project basis.
- Now most engineers work in teams of three, with project leadership rotating among team members.
- In Orpheus, that function (which rotates regularly) is similar to that of a player-coach on a soccer team.
- Millions of tenant farmers in the developing world have little incentive to invest in land improvements, rotate crops or improve soil fertility.
- We are still trying to find better ways to farm organically and to manage our soils and rotate our crops more productively.
- It survives winter in the soil and attacks again, even if other crops are rotated between peanut plantings.
- 1 (turn, spin)(hacer) girar
dar vueltas a
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.