Translation of rotate in Spanish:
- 1.1 (turn about axis) rotating bladecuchilla (feminine) giratoria or rotatoriaExample sentences1.2 (take turns)
- Just so you get to see this trick from all angles, the centre of the stage will rotate round slowly.
- Beta station loomed out of the darkness, the centre spire rotating in an anti-clockwise direction.
- I assumed those barrels would rotate around when a round was spent, but they seemed too high-tech to be simple revolvers.
rotarse(crops)members rotate in the role of chairman
alternarselos miembros se van turnando or (se) van rotando para ocupar la presidenciaon a rotating basispor turnosExample sentences
- Today board meetings rotate among the three locations, and design staff members travel among the offices on a project-by-project basis.
- Now most engineers work in teams of three, with project leadership rotating among team members.
- In Orpheus, that function (which rotates regularly) is similar to that of a player-coach on a soccer team.
- Millions of tenant farmers in the developing world have little incentive to invest in land improvements, rotate crops or improve soil fertility.
- We are still trying to find better ways to farm organically and to manage our soils and rotate our crops more productively.
- It survives winter in the soil and attacks again, even if other crops are rotated between peanut plantings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.