Translation of rotten in Spanish:
- 1(decayed) (wood/fruit)he's rotten to the core
podridoestá corrompido hasta la médulato spoil somebody rottenmimar demasiado a alguien
malcriar a alguienExample sentences
- If that wasn't bad enough, it also smelled of putrid rotten eggs.
- I caught it too… a foul, noxious odor, the sulfur of rotten eggs, the reek of sewage and decay.
- Pools of boiling hot mud - filling the air with the smell of sulfur, similar to rotten eggs - are seen not far from the island's beautiful beaches.
- 2 [colloquial] (bad)what rotten weather!¡qué tiempo más horrible or asqueroso!that's a rotten thing to doeso es una maldadthat was really rotten of hereso fue una maldad de su partedon't be so rotten to herno seas tan malo con ellano seas tan asqueroso con ella [colloquial]he's a rotten singer I'm rotten at Frenchen francés soy un desastreto feel rotten(ill) sentirse mal or [colloquial] fatal(guilty) sentirse culpableExample sentences
- Americans may remember auto manufacturer, which vanished from the U.S. market in 1987, for poor quality and rotten reliability.
- If you only knew how many lousy meals and rotten movies he has dragged Diana to throughout the years.
- In general, funds with poor long-term past performance tend to have rotten future performance.
- I can't wait to get out of this dirty, rotten place.
- He reeked and tears filled her eyes from a mix of his rotten smell and the pain his dirty fingernails were causing as they dug into her cheek.
- That's one reason that I thought she'd had a rotten time at the social.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.