Translation of rotten in Spanish:
- 1(decayed) (wood/fruit)he's rotten to the core
podridoestá corrompido hasta la médulato spoil somebody rottenmimar demasiado a alguien
malcriar a alguienExample sentences
- If that wasn't bad enough, it also smelled of putrid rotten eggs.
- I caught it too… a foul, noxious odor, the sulfur of rotten eggs, the reek of sewage and decay.
- Pools of boiling hot mud - filling the air with the smell of sulfur, similar to rotten eggs - are seen not far from the island's beautiful beaches.
- 2 [colloquial] (bad)what rotten weather!¡qué tiempo más horrible or asqueroso!that's a rotten thing to doeso es una maldadthat was really rotten of hereso fue una maldad de su partedon't be so rotten to herno seas tan malo or [colloquial] asqueroso con ellahe's a rotten singer I'm rotten at Frenchen francés soy un desastreto feel rotten(ill) sentirse mal or [colloquial] fatal(guilty) sentirse culpableExample sentences
- Americans may remember auto manufacturer, which vanished from the U.S. market in 1987, for poor quality and rotten reliability.
- If you only knew how many lousy meals and rotten movies he has dragged Diana to throughout the years.
- In general, funds with poor long-term past performance tend to have rotten future performance.
- I can't wait to get out of this dirty, rotten place.
- He reeked and tears filled her eyes from a mix of his rotten smell and the pain his dirty fingernails were causing as they dug into her cheek.
- That's one reason that I thought she'd had a rotten time at the social.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.