Translation of rotund in Spanish:
- 1.1 (rounded) [formal] redondeadoExample sentences1.2 (corpulent) [humorous/humorístico] [euphemistic/eufemístico] voluminoso, rechoncho
- The nascent temperance movement, too, is suggested by the rotund whiskey jug placed prominently in the foreground.
- Serving pots for coffee retained the tall tapered look of their Arab counterparts, while tea pots retained the squat, rotund shape initially seen in China.
- The approached a strange formation in the side of the cliff: a large, rotund tunnel dug deep into the side of the mountain.
- Two beady eyes set too far apart regarded them lifelessly, head cocked to the side to expose what little neck the rotund man had.
- The rotund woman compressed her lips, ‘Secrets must not be shared.’
- A short and rotund figure waddled onto the stage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.