Translation of roughly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (approximately) they are roughly the same lengthmiden aproximadamente or más o menos lo mismo de largoI'll explain roughly how it worksexplicaré, en líneas generales, cómo funcionaroughly speaking, the organ acts as a filterel órgano se comporta como un filtro, por así decirloroughly, what we plan to do is thisen líneas generales, lo que pensamos hacer es lo siguienteExample sentences1.2 (not gently)
(play)to treat somebody roughly
- That lack of change means that the economy was, roughly speaking, growing at its potential rate.
- I think all writers, roughly speaking, are in the education business.
- In Bordeaux, however, the jeroboam is five litres - roughly equal to six bottles or a half case.
de manera violentamaltratar or tratar mal a alguienExample sentences1.3 (crudely)
- She grunted, her eyes widening as his knee pushed into her stomach roughly and violently.
- Liadan's almond eyes narrow as she pulls her hands roughly out of his gentle grip.
- The mate roughly picked him up off the deck and held him with his feet just touching ground, looking disgusted.
- It is roughly built but the roof is nevertheless sound enough to keep the interior completely dry.
- It was rectangular and about the length of my hand, and was wrapped roughly in brown paper, like it had been done in a hurry.
- The buildings looked mainly to be made of wood and roughly cut stone and many farmyard animals were walking around.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.