- 1.1 (approximately) aproximadamente they are roughly the same length miden aproximadamente or más o menos lo mismo de largo I'll explain roughly how it works explicaré, en líneas generales, cómo funciona roughly speaking, the organ acts as a filter el órgano se comporta como un filtro, por así decirlo roughly, what we plan to do is this en líneas generales, lo que pensamos hacer es lo siguienteMore example sentences1.2 (not gently) [play] bruscamente, de manera violenta to treat sb roughly maltratar or tratar mal a algn
More example sentences1.3 (crudely) toscamente
- That lack of change means that the economy was, roughly speaking, growing at its potential rate.
- I think all writers, roughly speaking, are in the education business.
- In Bordeaux, however, the jeroboam is five litres - roughly equal to six bottles or a half case.
More example sentences
- She grunted, her eyes widening as his knee pushed into her stomach roughly and violently.
- Liadan's almond eyes narrow as she pulls her hands roughly out of his gentle grip.
- The mate roughly picked him up off the deck and held him with his feet just touching ground, looking disgusted.
- It is roughly built but the roof is nevertheless sound enough to keep the interior completely dry.
- It was rectangular and about the length of my hand, and was wrapped roughly in brown paper, like it had been done in a hurry.
- The buildings looked mainly to be made of wood and roughly cut stone and many farmyard animals were walking around.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...