Translation of roughneck in Spanish:
- 1.1 (rough man) [pejorative]Example sentences1.2 (oil worker)
(trabajador de un pozo petrolífero)Example sentences
- The roughnecks and hooligans have gone and instead families on a Saturday night dine alfresco on the broad shrub-lined pavements as though they were in Paris.
- Above all, every effort is made to avoid roughnecks and ‘muscle-bound morons.’
- The power in Corb's songs is his ability to bring his world of roughnecks and steer roping to life on the stage.
- He gave two-thirds of full-time employees - everyone from top management to roughnecks working on oil rigs - Net-linked laptops.
- When I worked in the South as a roughneck on oil rigs and as a steamfitter, I saw men like Walt get hung out to dry.
- The bump-backs cascade down the hierarchy of skills and seniority; the roustabouts and roughnecks in lesser-skilled positions and typically of recent hire go walking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.