Translation of rouse in Spanish:
- 1 (wake, stir)to rouse somebody (
fromo out ofsomething)despertar a alguien (we tried to rouse him out of his sleep dealgo)tratamos de despertarloExample sentences
- As he slowly stood up, Jeremy roused from his sleep.
- Isabella roused from sleep what seemed like an eternity later, disturbed by something she could not identify.
- He still hadn't roused from his sleep, and she was getting worried.
- 2 (arouse) the lion is dangerous when rousedel león es peligroso si se lo provocato rouse somebody
tosomethinghis speech roused the crowd to a frenzysu discurso enardeció or enfervorizó a la multitudher constant teasing roused him to furysus constantes burlas lo enfurecieronhis criticism roused me to actionsus críticas me movieron a hacer algoExample sentences
- Joe was roused from his sleep by Azara promptly jumping on the bed and pulling on his arm.
- The morning's first rays of sunlight flooded the tiny tower room, rousing Callista from her sleep.
- On the other side of him, men, women, and children were rousing themselves from sleep and moving sluggishly to the fire to get warm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.