Translation of route in Spanish:
- 1.1 (way) camino (masculine), ruta (feminine); (of bus) ruta (feminine), recorrido (masculine) that's not my normal route ese no es el camino que suelo tomar air/sea route ruta aérea/marítima it's near the number fourteen bus route está cerca de la ruta or del recorrido del 14 if you want to go that route (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] si quieres hacerlo de esa maneraExample sentences1.2 (highway) (American English/inglés norteamericano) carretera (feminine), ruta (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)
Example sentences1.3 (delivery round) (American English/inglés norteamericano) recorrido (masculine) she does a newspaper route hace un reparto de periódicos
- Emi's limo was currently taking the scenic route, with its eventual destination as the Ishiyama mansion.
- They both take alternate routes to reach their destination.
- Shipping of rice to the north was hindered by privateering in shipping routes to those destinations.
Example sentences1.4 [Medicine/Medicina] via the oral/anal route por vía oral/anal
- Some of the worst black spots occur on train routes or main arterial roads around the country.
- New railway routes had enabled suburbs to spread far beyond the gold-rush city, so that, by 1891, Melbourne encompassed twice the area of Sydney.
- Such information can then let them target ads for specific markets to specific bus lines or train routes.
- The benchmark run was the actual milk collection and delivery routes used by the cooperative.
- The committee distributed weekly questionnaires on African American history, delivering them on routes primarily in black neighborhoods.
- For example, we make sure all of the drivers on our routes deliver milk the same way.
- Going the blazing guns route almost always resulted in extreme failure for me.
- A fixed canon does not solve problems, nor provide a healthy route for progress.
- As we continue to gain technical understanding of the routes of exposure, we gain practical understanding of steps that will reduce risk.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (present participle/participio presente routing or (in British English also/en inglés británico también) , routeing)
- enviar* the supplies were routed through France enviaron las provisiones a través de Francia the plane was routed through Frankfurt to avoid the fog desviaron el avión a Francfort debido a la niebla
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the