Translation of route in Spanish:
- 1 (way) that's not my normal routeese no es el camino que suelo tomarair/sea routeruta aérea/marítimait's near the number fourteen bus routeestá cerca de la ruta or del recorrido del 14if you want to go that route (American English) [colloquial]si quieres hacerlo de esa maneraExample sentences
- Emi's limo was currently taking the scenic route, with its eventual destination as the Ishiyama mansion.
- They both take alternate routes to reach their destination.
- Shipping of rice to the north was hindered by privateering in shipping routes to those destinations.
- 2 (highway) (American English)Example sentences
- Some of the worst black spots occur on train routes or main arterial roads around the country.
- New railway routes had enabled suburbs to spread far beyond the gold-rush city, so that, by 1891, Melbourne encompassed twice the area of Sydney.
- Such information can then let them target ads for specific markets to specific bus lines or train routes.
- 3 (delivery round) (American English) she does a newspaper routehace un reparto de periódicosExample sentences
- The benchmark run was the actual milk collection and delivery routes used by the cooperative.
- The committee distributed weekly questionnaires on African American history, delivering them on routes primarily in black neighborhoods.
- For example, we make sure all of the drivers on our routes deliver milk the same way.
- 4 (Medicine)via the oral/anal routepor vía oral/analExample sentences
- Going the blazing guns route almost always resulted in extreme failure for me.
- A fixed canon does not solve problems, nor provide a healthy route for progress.
- As we continue to gain technical understanding of the routes of exposure, we gain practical understanding of steps that will reduce risk.
transitive verb present participle routing or ( (British English) also) routeing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.