Translation of route in Spanish:
- 1.1 (way) that's not my normal routeese no es el camino que suelo tomarair/sea routeruta aérea/marítimait's near the number fourteen bus routeestá cerca de la ruta or del recorrido del 14if you want to go that route (American English) [colloquial]si quieres hacerlo de esa maneraExample sentences1.2 (highway)
Example sentences1.3 (delivery round)
- Emi's limo was currently taking the scenic route, with its eventual destination as the Ishiyama mansion.
- They both take alternate routes to reach their destination.
- Shipping of rice to the north was hindered by privateering in shipping routes to those destinations.
(American English)she does a newspaper route
- Some of the worst black spots occur on train routes or main arterial roads around the country.
- New railway routes had enabled suburbs to spread far beyond the gold-rush city, so that, by 1891, Melbourne encompassed twice the area of Sydney.
- Such information can then let them target ads for specific markets to specific bus lines or train routes.
recorrido (masculine)hace un reparto de periódicosExample sentences1.4 (Medicine)via the oral/anal route
por vía oral/analExample sentences
- The benchmark run was the actual milk collection and delivery routes used by the cooperative.
- The committee distributed weekly questionnaires on African American history, delivering them on routes primarily in black neighborhoods.
- For example, we make sure all of the drivers on our routes deliver milk the same way.
- Going the blazing guns route almost always resulted in extreme failure for me.
- A fixed canon does not solve problems, nor provide a healthy route for progress.
- As we continue to gain technical understanding of the routes of exposure, we gain practical understanding of steps that will reduce risk.
transitive verb present participle routing or (in British English also) routeing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.