Translation of routine in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 c and u (regular pattern) rutina (feminine) the daily routine la rutina diaria or cotidiana he soon settled into the office routine pronto se adaptó a la rutina de la oficina as a matter of routine como rutina it had become a matter of routine se había convertido en algo rutinario or de rutina 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (repetitive activity) rutina (feminine) the daily routine el día a díaExample sentences
- You got your work done then, so that when the weekends came around, there would be no routines to follow or work to be done.
- Each day, they followed a strict routine of work, ritual baths, and prayer.
- They followed the same routine with other aspects of the project.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (of gymnast, skater, comedian) número (masculine) let's go through that routine again volvamos a ensayar ese número 2.2 (formula, patter) don't give me that old routine no me vengas con la misma cantinela [colloquial/familiar] the usual sales routine el típico discurso de vendedorExample sentences
- For Dinah, the never-ending tap dance routines and smile-this-is-comedy faces are becoming old hat.
- Many of the performances show amazing dance routines, and songs that fit well into the context of the film.
- There is one unusual twist in the presentation though: Laurie performs with a DJ, who backs up her routines with minimalist dance music.
- 3 [Computing/Informática] rutina (feminine)Example sentences
- MPI provides many communication routines to aid the programmer in developing inter-process communication.
- I created these menus and routines for both programs so that users need only be familiar with that menu to be productive in either one with minimal training.
- A simple program calls the crypt routine, runs the hash on a word and then compares it to the password entry in the file.
- 1.1 (regular, usual) [procedure/inquiries/investigation] de rutina the prescription of tranquilizers became routine recetar calmantes se convirtió en algo habitual 1.2 (ordinary, dull) rutinario
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.