Translation of routine in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (regular pattern) the daily routinehe soon settled into the office routinela rutina diaria or cotidianaas a matter of routinepronto se adaptó a la rutina de la oficinait had become a matter of routinecomo rutina1.2 uncountable (repetitive activity) the daily routinese había convertido en algo rutinario or de rutinaExample sentences
- You got your work done then, so that when the weekends came around, there would be no routines to follow or work to be done.
- Each day, they followed a strict routine of work, ritual baths, and prayer.
- They followed the same routine with other aspects of the project.
- 2 countable 2.1 (of gymnast, skater, comedian) let's go through that routine again2.2 (formula, patter) See examples: don't give me that old routinevolvamos a ensayar ese númerothe usual sales routineno me vengas con la misma cantinela [colloquial]el típico discurso de vendedorExample sentences
- For Dinah, the never-ending tap dance routines and smile-this-is-comedy faces are becoming old hat.
- Many of the performances show amazing dance routines, and songs that fit well into the context of the film.
- There is one unusual twist in the presentation though: Laurie performs with a DJ, who backs up her routines with minimalist dance music.
- 3 (Computing)Example sentences
- MPI provides many communication routines to aid the programmer in developing inter-process communication.
- I created these menus and routines for both programs so that users need only be familiar with that menu to be productive in either one with minimal training.
- A simple program calls the crypt routine, runs the hash on a word and then compares it to the password entry in the file.
- 1.1 (regular, usual)(procedure/inquiries/investigation)the prescription of tranquilizers became routinede rutina1.2 (ordinary, dull)recetar calmantes se convirtió en algo habitualExample sentences
- It has not only allowed for wage savings but also facilitated a greater amount of control, as well as helping perform routine activities such as backing up files.
- If you wouldn't mind stepping out of the car, we'll just perform a routine search and be on our way.
- Many people resent this follow-up, which is simply a routine business procedure for the agent.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than