Translation of routine in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable and uncountable (regular pattern) the daily routinela rutina diaria or cotidianahe soon settled into the office routinepronto se adaptó a la rutina de la oficinaas a matter of routinecomo rutinait had become a matter of routinese había convertido en algo rutinario or de rutinaExample sentences1.2 uncountable (repetitive activity) the daily routine
- You got your work done then, so that when the weekends came around, there would be no routines to follow or work to be done.
- Each day, they followed a strict routine of work, ritual baths, and prayer.
- They followed the same routine with other aspects of the project.
- 2 countable 2.1 (of gymnast, skater, comedian) let's go through that routine againvolvamos a ensayar ese númeroExample sentences2.2 (formula, patter) don't give me that old routine
no me vengas con la misma cantinela [colloquial]the usual sales routineel típico discurso de vendedor
- For Dinah, the never-ending tap dance routines and smile-this-is-comedy faces are becoming old hat.
- Many of the performances show amazing dance routines, and songs that fit well into the context of the film.
- There is one unusual twist in the presentation though: Laurie performs with a DJ, who backs up her routines with minimalist dance music.
- 3 (Computing)Example sentences
- MPI provides many communication routines to aid the programmer in developing inter-process communication.
- I created these menus and routines for both programs so that users need only be familiar with that menu to be productive in either one with minimal training.
- A simple program calls the crypt routine, runs the hash on a word and then compares it to the password entry in the file.
- 1 (regular, usual)(procedure/inquiries/investigation)the prescription of tranquilizers became routine
de rutinarecetar calmantes se convirtió en algo habitualExample sentences
- It has not only allowed for wage savings but also facilitated a greater amount of control, as well as helping perform routine activities such as backing up files.
- If you wouldn't mind stepping out of the car, we'll just perform a routine search and be on our way.
- Many people resent this follow-up, which is simply a routine business procedure for the agent.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.