Translation of royal in Spanish:
- 1 (monarchic) the royal assent (in UK)la sanción realthe royal weExample sentences
- The play is about Anastasia Romanov, a member of the Russian royal family, after the fall of the Russian monarchy in 1918.
- As well as the Queen Mother, the queen and her husband Prince Philip, most other members of the royal family are due to attend the funeral.
- Boromo Trailokanat resolved the question of succession by ranking every member of the royal family in relation to the reigning monarch.
- 2 (magnificent)Example sentences
- There is more to Rajasthan than just its royal splendour or amazing camel rides through never-ending sand dunes.
- Certainly there was a royal quality to the servings - I struggled to finish them.
- The people of Tory Island and their King were treated to a royal welcome in Monasterevin last weekend.
- 3(American English) [colloquial] (as intensifier)he was given a royal kicking
soberano [colloquial]le dieron una soberana pateadura [colloquial]Example sentences
- A right royal rumpus has erupted over York's Golden Jubilee Rugby League Festival after a team from Oxford tried once again to muscle in on the event.
- The princess wants to run away, much to the King and Queen's concern, and only our hero can prevent a right royal row.
- Last Tuesday her dedication and hard work received a right royal accolade.
- [colloquial]miembro (masculine or feminine) de la familia realExample sentences
- At 11.10 am Royal Family members, foreign royals and members of the Queen Mother's family will be seated.
- At the Abbey, members of the Royal Family, foreign royals, members of the Bowes Lyon family and other blood relatives move in procession to their seats.
- Some 35 members of the Royal Family and 25 foreign royals were there to pay a personal tribute.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.