- 1.1 (monarchic) real the royal assent (in UK) la sanción real the royal we el plural mayestáticoMore example sentences1.2 (magnificent) espléndido, regio
More example sentences1.3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) soberano [colloquial/familiar] he was given a royal kicking le dieron una soberana pateadura [colloquial/familiar]
- The play is about Anastasia Romanov, a member of the Russian royal family, after the fall of the Russian monarchy in 1918.
- As well as the Queen Mother, the queen and her husband Prince Philip, most other members of the royal family are due to attend the funeral.
- Boromo Trailokanat resolved the question of succession by ranking every member of the royal family in relation to the reigning monarch.
More example sentences
- There is more to Rajasthan than just its royal splendour or amazing camel rides through never-ending sand dunes.
- Certainly there was a royal quality to the servings - I struggled to finish them.
- The people of Tory Island and their King were treated to a royal welcome in Monasterevin last weekend.
- A right royal rumpus has erupted over York's Golden Jubilee Rugby League Festival after a team from Oxford tried once again to muscle in on the event.
- The princess wants to run away, much to the King and Queen's concern, and only our hero can prevent a right royal row.
- Last Tuesday her dedication and hard work received a right royal accolade.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.