Translation of royal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (monarchic) real the royal assent (in UK) la sanción real the royal we el plural mayestáticoExample sentences1.2 (magnificent) espléndido, regio
Example sentences1.3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) soberano [colloquial/familiar] he was given a royal kicking le dieron una soberana pateadura [colloquial/familiar]
- The play is about Anastasia Romanov, a member of the Russian royal family, after the fall of the Russian monarchy in 1918.
- As well as the Queen Mother, the queen and her husband Prince Philip, most other members of the royal family are due to attend the funeral.
- Boromo Trailokanat resolved the question of succession by ranking every member of the royal family in relation to the reigning monarch.
- There is more to Rajasthan than just its royal splendour or amazing camel rides through never-ending sand dunes.
- Certainly there was a royal quality to the servings - I struggled to finish them.
- The people of Tory Island and their King were treated to a royal welcome in Monasterevin last weekend.
- A right royal rumpus has erupted over York's Golden Jubilee Rugby League Festival after a team from Oxford tried once again to muscle in on the event.
- The princess wants to run away, much to the King and Queen's concern, and only our hero can prevent a right royal row.
- Last Tuesday her dedication and hard work received a right royal accolade.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to