Translation of royal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (monarchic) the royal assent (in UK)the royal wela sanción realExample sentences1.2 (magnificent)
- The play is about Anastasia Romanov, a member of the Russian royal family, after the fall of the Russian monarchy in 1918.
- As well as the Queen Mother, the queen and her husband Prince Philip, most other members of the royal family are due to attend the funeral.
- Boromo Trailokanat resolved the question of succession by ranking every member of the royal family in relation to the reigning monarch.
(American English) [colloquial] (as intensifier)he was given a royal kickingle dieron una soberana pateadura [colloquial]Example sentences
- There is more to Rajasthan than just its royal splendour or amazing camel rides through never-ending sand dunes.
- Certainly there was a royal quality to the servings - I struggled to finish them.
- The people of Tory Island and their King were treated to a royal welcome in Monasterevin last weekend.
- A right royal rumpus has erupted over York's Golden Jubilee Rugby League Festival after a team from Oxford tried once again to muscle in on the event.
- The princess wants to run away, much to the King and Queen's concern, and only our hero can prevent a right royal row.
- Last Tuesday her dedication and hard work received a right royal accolade.
- [colloquial]miembro (masculine and feminine) de la familia realExample sentences
- At 11.10 am Royal Family members, foreign royals and members of the Queen Mother's family will be seated.
- At the Abbey, members of the Royal Family, foreign royals, members of the Bowes Lyon family and other blood relatives move in procession to their seats.
- Some 35 members of the Royal Family and 25 foreign royals were there to pay a personal tribute.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.