Translation of rubbish in Spanish:
- 1 (refuse) household rubbishresiduos (masculine plural) domésticosrubbish chute rubbish collection (British)recogida (feminine) de basurasrubbish dump or tip (British) rubbish heapmontón (masculine) de basura
- 2 (junk) [colloquial]porquerías (feminine plural) [colloquial]they only eat rubbishsolo comen porquerías [colloquial]
- 3 (nonsense) [colloquial]tonterías (feminine plural)estupideces (feminine plural)chorradas (feminine plural) (Spain) [colloquial]pavadas (feminine plural) (Río de la Plata) [colloquial]to talk rubbishdecir estupideces ( or tonterías etc. )that's a load of (old) rubbishson puras tonterías ( or estupideces etc. )I'm too old to play tennis — rubbish! (as interjection)estoy muy viejo para jugar al tenis — ¡no digas tonterías ( or estupideces etc. )!
- (British) [colloquial]de porquería (South America) [colloquial]the new carpenter's rubbishel nuevo carpintero es un desastreExample sentences
- The wonderful thing about football is that you can always find something to lighten up your day - even when you've got no leg room, a restricted view and are watching a rubbish game at Oldham.
- We constantly hear about people being encouraged to dump their cars and get on the bus but then we are left with a rubbish bus service.
- It sounds like a rubbish chain of hotels.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.