Translation of rubbish in Spanish:
- 1.1 (refuse) household rubbishrubbish chute rubbish collection (British English)residuos (masculine plural) domésticosrubbish dump o tip (British English) rubbish heaprecogida (feminine) de basuras1.2 (junk) [colloquial]montón (masculine) de basurathey only eat rubbishporquerías (feminine plural) [colloquial]1.3 (nonsense) [colloquial]solo comen porquerías [colloquial]to talk rubbishtonterías (feminine plural)estupideces (feminine plural)chorradas (feminine plural) (Spain) [colloquial]pavadas (feminine plural) (River Plate area) [colloquial]that's a load of (old) rubbishdecir estupideces ( or tonterías etc)I'm too old to play tennis — rubbish! (as interjection)son puras tonterías ( or estupideces etc)estoy muy viejo para jugar al tenis — ¡no digas tonterías ( or estupideces etc)!
- the new carpenter's rubbishel nuevo carpintero es un desastreExample sentences
- The wonderful thing about football is that you can always find something to lighten up your day - even when you've got no leg room, a restricted view and are watching a rubbish game at Oldham.
- We constantly hear about people being encouraged to dump their cars and get on the bus but then we are left with a rubbish bus service.
- It sounds like a rubbish chain of hotels.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the