Translation of rubbish in Spanish:
- 1.1 (refuse) household rubbishresiduos (masculine plural) domésticosrubbish chute rubbish collection (British English)recogida (feminine) de basurasrubbish dump o tip (British English) rubbish heapmontón (masculine) de basura1.2 (junk) [colloquial]porquerías (feminine plural) [colloquial]they only eat rubbishsolo comen porquerías [colloquial]1.3 (nonsense) [colloquial]tonterías (feminine plural)to talk rubbish
estupideces (feminine plural)
chorradas (feminine plural) (Spain) [colloquial]
pavadas (feminine plural) (River Plate area) [colloquial]decir estupideces ( or tonterías etc)that's a load of (old) rubbishson puras tonterías ( or estupideces etc)I'm too old to play tennis — rubbish! (as interjection)estoy muy viejo para jugar al tenis — ¡no digas tonterías ( or estupideces etc)!
- the new carpenter's rubbishel nuevo carpintero es un desastreExample sentences
- The wonderful thing about football is that you can always find something to lighten up your day - even when you've got no leg room, a restricted view and are watching a rubbish game at Oldham.
- We constantly hear about people being encouraged to dump their cars and get on the bus but then we are left with a rubbish bus service.
- It sounds like a rubbish chain of hotels.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.