noun/nombre (plural rubies)
- 1.1 countable/numerable (gem) rubí (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) ruby wedding (anniversary) bodas (feminine plural) de rubíMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable ruby (red) rojo (masculine) rubí (before noun/delante del nombre) [lips] de rubí [literary/literario]
More example sentences
- Her collection is not much but it includes mica, aquamarine, tourmaline, rubies and rose quartz.
- And don't miss Ratnapura, where you can not only buy sapphires, rubies, moonstones, aquamarines and the rest, but you can also see where they are mined.
- Gemstones such as diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires are rarely drilled to make beads as this detracts from their worth.
- Susan likes to cook, so the kitchen is a focal point in the house, with a warm colour scheme of Burmese ruby combined with honey cream to offset the minimalism.
- After tasting their wine, a smooth, dark ruby Bordeaux blend with a rich berry flavor, I'm convinced they're well on their way.
- My mum bought me my very own pair of ruby slippers when I was 12 and she used to plait my hair just like Dorothy!
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.