n (plural rubies)
- 1.1 countable/numerable (gem) rubí (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) ruby wedding (anniversary) bodas (feminine plural) de rubíMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable ruby (red) rojo (masculine) rubí (before noun/delante del nombre) [lips] de rubí [literary/literario]
More example sentences
- Her collection is not much but it includes mica, aquamarine, tourmaline, rubies and rose quartz.
- And don't miss Ratnapura, where you can not only buy sapphires, rubies, moonstones, aquamarines and the rest, but you can also see where they are mined.
- Gemstones such as diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires are rarely drilled to make beads as this detracts from their worth.
- Susan likes to cook, so the kitchen is a focal point in the house, with a warm colour scheme of Burmese ruby combined with honey cream to offset the minimalism.
- After tasting their wine, a smooth, dark ruby Bordeaux blend with a rich berry flavor, I'm convinced they're well on their way.
- My mum bought me my very own pair of ruby slippers when I was 12 and she used to plait my hair just like Dorothy!
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...