n (pl rubies)
- 1.1 c (gem) rubí (m) (before n) ruby wedding (anniversary) bodas (fpl) de rubíMore example sentences1.2 u ruby (red) rojo (m) rubí (before n) [lips] de rubí [literario/literary]
More example sentences
- Her collection is not much but it includes mica, aquamarine, tourmaline, rubies and rose quartz.
- And don't miss Ratnapura, where you can not only buy sapphires, rubies, moonstones, aquamarines and the rest, but you can also see where they are mined.
- Gemstones such as diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires are rarely drilled to make beads as this detracts from their worth.
- Susan likes to cook, so the kitchen is a focal point in the house, with a warm colour scheme of Burmese ruby combined with honey cream to offset the minimalism.
- After tasting their wine, a smooth, dark ruby Bordeaux blend with a rich berry flavor, I'm convinced they're well on their way.
- My mum bought me my very own pair of ruby slippers when I was 12 and she used to plait my hair just like Dorothy!
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.